• I thought I recognise this little tri girl, like Ivoss I followed her mom story!:)
    Really nice of you to adopt her 🆒 , I hope she'll be Duke best friend.

• @lvoss:

Congratulations! I have been watch Abby's puppies grow on the BCOSW website since they were born. For anyone interested in Abby's story you can check it out at http://www.bcosw.org/

Lisa, thanks for bringing her story down. I had to cut the thread short - couldn't finish. (I'm at work - shhh…)🆒
    Thanks everyone! Originally, I wanted to adopt a 1+ year old. I was directed to the BCOSW to see Abby - but I didn't qualify to adopt her, because I have an e-fence. It is a no-no for Basenjis. Since these are B-mixes - it's OK to adopt one of her pups. We think Abby's pups have (2) daddy's. A black lab or mix and a spaniel, brittany or springer. Mine has freckles - so spaniel. I love her tri face! Duke, hopefully will treat this baby with "respect"! Duke's demeanor is Basenji and wanna-be alfa. I'll be needing any advice for their introduction to each other. Hopefully they'll be snuggling together like well behaved kids.

We haven't decided if we'll keep her name, Vixen. My husband thinks Daisy and Duke make a nice name combo. We'll see - I can't wait to get her home.

• Does anyone know if the mom has been adopted yet?

• @sharronhurlbut:

Does anyone know if the mom has been adopted yet?

Sharron - Abby, the mom still needs a home. She's a beauty!!

• Thanks Jill.
    Wish I was closer to her location.
    Will she be kept until placed?
    She isn't in any danger is she.
    I mean, after all she has been through, that would be a shame.

• The Basenji Club of Southern Wisconsin has her in a foster home. She is in no danger and she and her pups have been getting excellent care.

• Woo Hoo Huge congrats!!!

• Oh Jill! That is so awesome! I also have been following Abby's story thru the BCOSW! I am so glad you found her and her puppies! She is a beautiful Basenji, and I am sure her puppies will be just as adorable!

• @Quercus:

Oh Jill! That is so awesome! I also have been following Abby's story thru the BCOSW! I am so glad you found her and her puppies! She is a beautiful Basenji, and I am sure her puppies will be just as adorable!

Thanks Andrea! I've been pining for another Basenji for some time now, was just waiting for the right time. I saw Abby's story and tried to get her. Wanted to skip the puppy stage because we just went thru it with Duke. We were turned down because of our e-fence. BOO-HOO! Since we are still in puppy training shape, here she comes! Duke is in for a real surprise! His very own live-in playmate! Hope they will become fast friends. I just love Basenji quirks. Hope our girl will have plenty of them. :eek: (Did I say that?)

• Congrats! I'm so moved by everyone's adoptions lately…those lucky dogs and humans...

Suggested Topics