• My husband, who is close to 60, came in with a look a little boy would have on his face, when his toy was broken.
    This is a new car…they smoked in it!!!! Yuck! and they took his "stuff"...
    Major man violation.
    Makes me mad for him.
    BUT I will spay it with doggie stain removed and make it all better.
    Thanks for the kind words.

• Houston

Sharron, I am so sorry to hear of y'all's car being broken into..it is a very violating feeling for sure..I know.
    Karma is good that way,they will get what they deserve…I honestly believe that.

• Thanks Petra…at least we are safe and the b's are safe.
    Really, in the long run, that is all that matters.

• @sharronhurlbut:

My husband, who is close to 60, came in with a look a little boy would have on his face, when his toy was broken.

oh that's heartbreaking. that look. i know you hate it for him.

• Oh my friend, what a horrible, horrible thing to have happen. Thankfully you are all safe. Lou was doing some quick thinking when noticing the garage remote was missing. Do whatever you can to report this to the police. Maybe someone else in your area suffered the same fate, and then they will patrol your area and possibly catch the person? These people should feel what it feels like to be violated. But I suspect people like this don't feel any feelings very deeply, remorse they probably never feel.

Yes, I too believe in "what comes around goes around". Whoever did this is running head first into fate, and not a nice one I may add.

My biggest hugs to you and Lou.

• Sharron, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Happy that no one was hurt, but it is horrible to know some unknown stranger was in your car.

I can definitely relate to feeling of violation from it - my cars have been broken into many times (too many to count actually) - usually with windows broken and stereo stolen. My last one happened one block from the Police Station - you could see my condo from where the officer took my report :rolleyes:.

Yes, karma will get them in the end - and whoever mentioned remorse - I doubt they feel any. My experience is that it is usually kids, and here in Portland it is kids looking for stuff to fence for drug money.

• So sorry to hear about Lou's car and your garage Sharon but very glad no one was hurt.
    I hope the thieves/vandals get their comeuppance

• Sharron, I'm so sorry for you both - it must be a terrible feeling of violation. I'm sure that such people get their come-uppance in the end and I've had personal experience of that. Like you I believe in Karma.

• I'm sorry to hear about this Sharron. I'm sure it makes you feel like your personal space was violated. Ugh. I'm glad no one was hurt and I hope the battery dies on the garage door opener…

• Hehehe, thanks you guys. I am much better today, altho Lou is still bothered.
    Yesterday, a neighbor 2 doors down had the same thing happen to her.
    I told her we filed a police report and she said she would as well.
    I know its low on the cops list, as they are so busy with other matters, but maybe we
    will get someone driving through a bit more often.
    Hugs to you all.

Suggested Topics