Skip to content

I think he's trying to tell me something…

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • What's your B's neck measure (trying to size a collar)?

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    16k Views
    TimesthemythT
    You can find a lot of puppy collars at thrift shops for pretty cheap - would never pay full price for one. I'm getting mine at 14 weeks and was told that 8-12 inches was what was being used - then at 4- 6 months graduate to 10-14 inch collar.
  • It's Official…

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    21k Views
    TMartinT
    No problems, lets me learn for future reference which is always a good thing :) Kaia is still petite. I haven't weighed her in about 2 weeks or so, she had been hovering just a smidge under 18 lbs, she may have finally gone over that now. That's why I was hoping to put off until July, wanted to make sure she had plenty of time to grow because we weren't too sure if she grows slowly or if she'll just stay petite. But I look back on her first pictures with us and wonder when she got so big!
  • It's been a long time since I've been here.

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    D
    I have not been on for about a month and am trying to catch up reading all the posts I have missed! Jennifer
  • I tried to tell them….

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    9k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    I am so glad they both returned..scary. I was told a long time ago to make sure you walk you dog past your house in the front so they know/recognize where they live, if they only see a backyard, yet get out on the front, they don't know which house is theirs..makes sense.
  • So are these Af's different than our domestic B's?

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    10k Views
    BasenjiDivaB
    Jayden is super gross when it comes to what he'll eat: poop, vomit, and, if he pees on the patio, he'll lick that. Honest!!! We feed him and we feed him very well! Yucccchhhhh! Pat
  • B's & Horror Movies Don't Go Together!!!!

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    9k Views
    ELERICKSON40E
    I think I saw Sophie on a b video website and I was so glad that someone else's B made that noise I showed it to my husband and daughter. Thanks for posting that video because as a new B owner we thought we had some kind of devel dog!!! She does it the most to our oldest dog Josie. There are nights she even does it from under our covers in bed when she hears Josie moving out in the living room. Too Funny!!!!