• Welcome Mags and Willow

• A BIG welcome to Mags and Willow (love the name!). She sounds like a dream basenji, and I can feel all the love you have for her in your post.

Just a comment - you mentioned that she runs to your daughters schoolbus. Is she on leash when she does that? Unless you are in an extremely rural area (e.g. dirt road), there are going to be other cars on the road. Roads, cars and basenjis don't mix. Please be careful - I'd hate to hear that she was injured.

I'm not trying to be a downer person here, just a realist.

And please post pictures of her, as I'd love to see them!

• Welcome to the forum!! We LOVE pictures! 😃

• Houston

Welcome to both of you..I agree, Willow is such a great name..and yes, we love pictures.
    I am glad to hear of Khanis..it is so nice to hear from people that buy from responsible breeders.

• Welcome from the UK. I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum. Continue to enjoy your baby!

• I know Kathy and know she has some of the best socialized dogs you will every seen..they are also easy on the eye..laugh.
    YOU made a very good choice.
    Photo's please.

• Welcome, and I too love the name! Love her deeply now, she will be a teenager soon!

• Hi Sharron -
    Thank you! I know, I love Kathy - she was so honest with us and I couldnt believe that our Willow's parents were this mellow until we met our pup and see how she is. I mean I know genes have a lot to do with it but a Basenji is a Basenji afterall - at least that's what I thought 😉 I am just waiting to see if she will turn insane when she hits 6 months, lol. A vet tech told us this - is that really true? Where the dog's personality will totally change as they get older or is it like kids: you can tell how their personalities are but then they go through the stages (terrible twos, etc)? I assumed they would go through the stages but no matter what if they are sweet and good tempered, they will continue to be that way unless of course they are mistreated…..?

BTW- sorry if I came off nasty/defensive in my other post (didnt mean to)- I've just associated with a lot of Basenji people who almost came off like they were in a cult and swear "their" point of views are the only way and a lot of what they've shared with me has been proven wrong by our pup (so far). I mean we were blessed to have gotten the pup from Kathy who selected the parents by their temperaments and socialized the pups from the beginning so the dog came to us in perfect, well mannered condition so now we are just continuing with what she's used to (non stop love, attention and socialized every day) except she is more spoiled now since she doesnt have to share the attention with siblings and I work from home so am with her practically 24/7 🙂

• Mags, no worries. I have not had a puppy, but Kathy will let you know what your in for! laugh!! I do rescue, but when folks are looking for puppies/ or adults who need homes, Kathy is one place that is recommended.
    Her puppies are bomb proof! I say that in a good way.

• Welcome! I know exactly how you feel, I got my first basenji last year from Kathy and don't know how I lived without him. I too planned on getting another in a few years, I buckled and got a second this year 🙂 Now I don't know how I ever lived without the two of them!

You met my dog Dude's littersister Searsha in NJ I believe, her momma and I keep in touch and talk about how the pups are growing up 🙂

Your little Willow was a sweetheart from day one, I got to visit the puppies a few times. Her momma is also the biggest LOVE, she was the first basenji I met and look where I am now 🙂

Suggested Topics