I tricked them into sleeping in their crate!!

• So I figured out a way to trick the dogs into sleeping in their crate (with the door open!) I have been struggling with them sleeping on my bed… which would be fine if they weren't so fidgety all night. Originally i elevated their bed so that they would be at the same height as me, which is what I thougt the issue was, since they always seem to try to be as high as possible. Usually they sleep on their bed at first and then sometime in the middle of the night they climb under my covers and push me out of the way.

WELL - I got rid of the bed and put a crate in the bedroom on top of the heat vent! Once the tray in the crate warmed up, they were trying to push each other out of the way to get the best spot in the crate! HA! The door to the crate is open all night and they just stayed in there! I also put a dog bed on top of the crate so that they can sit up there and look out the window if they want... which they did for a while before getting in the crate!

Yay! I outsmarted them! (for now)

• Great idea! Thanks for sharing - good tip!

• HA HA!! That's too funny! All this time they just wanted the warmth not you 😉 Good for you 😃

• Darn it, this won't work for me, my heat vents are in the ceiling! Great idea though.

• @Tayda_Lenny:

So I figured out a way to trick the dogs into sleeping in their crate (with the door open!) I have been struggling with them sleeping on my bed… which would be fine if they weren't so fidgety all night. Originally i elevated their bed so that they would be at the same height as me, which is what I thougt the issue was, since they always seem to try to be as high as possible. Usually they sleep on their bed at first and then sometime in the middle of the night they climb under my covers and push me out of the way.

WELL - I got rid of the bed and put a crate in the bedroom on top of the heat vent! Once the tray in the crate warmed up, they were trying to push each other out of the way to get the best spot in the crate! HA! The door to the crate is open all night and they just stayed in there! I also put a dog bed on top of the crate so that they can sit up there and look out the window if they want... which they did for a while before getting in the crate!

Yay! I outsmarted them! (for now)

Very clever! Five points to you 😉 a true basenji slave…..finding a compromise to make everyone happy 🙂

• Wait! My vents are on the ceiling!! No fair!! 🙂

Suggested Topics