Skip to content

Basenji and chow

Show Off Your Dog

Suggested Topics

  • Boarding basenji

    Show Off Your Dog
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    PawlaP
    Where did Nala come from? Can she stay there while you're out of town? I did not have a good experience with Rover.com. Don't do it. Can you find and make friends with another basenji owner in your area where you can take turns pet sitting? Maybe you can find local basenji owners on Meetup or Facebook? My heart would break to leave her at a boarding facility or a vet although she'd probably be fine. I like the idea of a pet sitter staying at your home ONLY IF you can really train the pet sitter on several visits before leaving in August (not far away!!!)
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Cara went with Merlin swimming (he has neurological damage so he swims to improve leg placement). She said she doesn't think so. What was funny is she walked to the edge, JUMPED IN... the it was like "Oh No I Didn't!!" [image: 1476634335839-cara-swim-2.jpg]
  • Is she Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    You had me confused and then I realized you meant the write up on the other rescue (Okapi)… I like less white also. So I had to go look... wow, coloring reminds me of minpins. :) Cute dog though.
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    P
    I agree with the others that although he seems to have Basenji in him - his head is def. not Basenji. As for the leg I'd have it amputated if it troubles him - He'll cope with 3 legs I'm sure, but certainly consult a specialist first. Please keep us updated.
  • Basenjis are weird…..

    Show Off Your Dog
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    Goody625G
    The picture of them lying next to the stove is hilarious! My Jamie lives by our gas logs during the winter!! Funny, funny dogs! Joel
  • My basenjis!

    Show Off Your Dog
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    7k Views
    J
    Great looking basenjis you have there! Thanks for sharing the pictures.