Skip to content

Pumpkin for Dogs

Basenji Feeding

Suggested Topics

  • How many rotate dog foods?

    Basenji Feeding
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    LyshL
    i stay with the same brand, good quality kibble. thats all Hope gets with maybe a raw bone and/or bits of left over meat (such as chicken) and pumpkin to have in the evening. when i was working in a grooming salon she used to get other premium kibble (samples for our customers) as "treats" - she was none the wiser and thought "yummo!" hehe and never had issues with it :) also -when we have fostered dogs she has had some of their kibble and had no issues with eating it. im pretty lucky i dont have a fussy eater :)
  • Dog Food

    Basenji Feeding
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    pennypenP
    @Ellusionz: I've just swapped my dog to Wellness Core. It's high in protein which I was told is really good for the basenji breed with how active they are. Also grain-free. But they say it shouldn't be fed to dogs younger than a year. They sell it at Petco. There's also the regular Wellness that Petsmart carries thats been rated just below the Core. I researched the ingredients in the brands on dogfoodchat.com I thought about going with a high protien …. i'll deff look into that for next time after this huge bag is done :)
  • Pumpkin Shortage

    Basenji Feeding
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    14k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    oh, man, send me a piece. we're going to a friend's house, and i wasn't "required" to make dessert this year. I do think i'm going to make red velvet cupcakes for Digital's birthday (next month), not that he can have any, but i do like the red velvet cake and it'll be the last night of my control unleashed class, so there's that. anyway, that cheesecake is just delish!!!
  • Petropics Tiki Dog food

    Basenji Feeding
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    snorky998S
    HAHAHAHA…....Basenji's in coconut (maybe walnut shell) bra's. I see it in my minds eye during one of those kangaroo boxing type matches my 2 get in when they are playing--standing on hind legs and slapping each other up-side the head!! Hips and b. tails wiggling within grass skirts. What a video that would make. Sorry, back to topic. That food looks great. I'd also like to hear what those out there think.
  • Pumpkin?

    Basenji Feeding
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    20k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    We give Shaye about a heaping teaspoon of pumpkin in her kibble to firm her stool, and it has helped with the anal gland issue. Also cottage cheese helps, as does a little sweet potatoe. In the first instance, when she had really bad problems, I mixed up drained boiled hamburg, rice, and cottage cheese - she loved it and cured the loose stool situation in about a day and a half. I found you can buy sweet potatoe patties in Walmart, and a half of one heated and mixed with her food in the morning, the other half in the evening, makes her eat it all up right away. Since we've been doing these things, she hasn't had anal gland problems and her stool is always firm.
  • Fat Dog

    Basenji Feeding
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    Weight gain is also an effect of low thyroid. I know that you said that his thyroid "seems" fine… but has the full panel been done? or just the T3 that is done with normal bloodwork... and even at that, what was the level, low normal for a Basenji is TOO low....