• I wondered upon a website for an e book that you download and it will tell you how to train your basenji. This website prides itself upon their e book having specific training advise for basenjis and not just generic training for dogs. Here's a quote:

Please Note: other dog training related web sites and books offer generic information for dogs in general. However, ours is the ONLY web site that offers Basenji information specifically, from a renowned panel of experts - because as you probably know, Basenjis have their own special training requirements that other dogs don't have.

and:

After subscribing, we will also tell you how you can get personal one-on-one phone consultations with our Basenji training experts to help solve the specific problems you are having with your own dog right now.

and:

Remember that unlike other generic dog training related web sites, our web site will help you learn training techniques that are specific to Basenjis.

sounds great, right? Uhm, here are some other quotes from that website:

Training Your Basenji Does your Basenji bark too much?

and:

Various reasons as to why a Basenji barks excessively and how you can control his excessive barking

It's so nice to have a barkless dog to help us weed out somethings. I wonder if they've ever had any basenji people sign up for their e book. Please, if you find this sort of website, do not point out the error of their ways so as to save future basenji-owners from false advertisers.

• I need that book, Buddy won't stop barking!! I can add up the number of times my 4 Basenjis have barked spanning 35 years on one hand.

• I think I found that site while researching whether or not to get Paco. 🙂 Really, some scam sites make it way too easy to catch them. Thank goodness I found this place instead!

• Houston

I've seen that site too, but never clicked on to it as it looked "scammy" right up front. Funny to see you write about the excessive barking though..:) Otis just now started yodeling..three times since we got him almost a year ago..and he looks shocked every time..

• HAHAHA! That's so great! Lola will let out a yip when she's surprised, like when somebody comes to the door. I don't like knowing that somebody is outside my door; I didn't get her to be a guard dog. I wonder how I can make her stop alerting me and protecting me? :rolleyes:

• First Basenji's

LOL! I know that shocked look… Cody has recently started mimicking Moe, letting out a little bark here and there. He always looks around, a little surprised, like he doesn't know where the noise is coming from. He's not usually very vocal and mostly just grunts and "talks". The bark sounds like a cross between a human mimicking a bark and the beginning of a yodel. We try to coax him by howling/barooing at him, but he just looks at us like we're crazy.

hmmm... maybe I should look into the book too.... nah!

Suggested Topics