• hey there! new guy here i have a basenji she is a year old and her name is roxie i also have two ferrets falcor and dixie i have had a wonderful time (sarcasm sarcasm) training her to be nice to them but so far ive stopped most of the nipping and chasing and now im down to her pawing them when they dont sit still! they have actually shared a food bowl! looking to get pictures up soon

oh we did run across some chickens when she was not leashed that turned out not so nicely she bit several chunks of feathers out before i managed to catch her

• I took AJ to a friend's house who had a ferret. The ferret was really curious about AJ and kept sneaking up on him to sniff his tail. AJ would turn around like, "What the…???" Eventually, it turned into a game and they had a blast playing hide and seek. It was hilarious to watch them. The ferret would run this way and that around, under and over the couch, poking her nose out of her hiding place and waiting for AJ to "find" her. He never did anything to indicate he would hurt her.

Even so, I wouldn't leave him alone with her loose in the house. He is a hunting dog, after all.

• they play a little at first always but then she gets excited and starts whackin them with her paws it is very amusing! one thing for sure, the ferrets are scared of nothing!

• welcome to the forum

• I guess mine are far more feral!
    I have no doubt that each one of mine would eat the ferrets for lunch.
    Any small fuzzy-like animal that makes its way into our yard leaves in the trash can. Poor things… though I personally coulnd't travel into a yard with a mass [of 4] dogs running about….

Good luck with this combo... I think it would be like two dogs that always get along... until they don't.

• Im pretty sure Maya would eat a ferret (or anything furry!) too. I have two pet hedgehogs and im sure she would eat those if they weren't so prickly…

• @Maya:

Im pretty sure Maya would eat a ferret (or anything furry!) too. I have two pet hedgehogs and im sure she would eat those if they weren't so prickly…

Your hedgehogs are beautiful. I would like to get one, but I have to settle down in a state that will allow me to have one. I'm not ready to settle down yet. 😃

Suggested Topics