• Houston

[QUOTETrust me, you go to enough dog shows and you will see plenty of basenjis NOT being quiet. It is quite entertaining when they all get going together.
    ]

Well that is true..this little guy just sat there, and I guess since Otis doesn't say a peep in the baroo and yodel department..I took for granted that all B's are quiet, silly me.

• I was watching (I think) Westminster on TV a few years ago…Basenji was a pretty little bitch and when she entered the ring, she yodeled. Made the judge smile and the commentator made mention of it. I don't remember how she placed, but she was called out for the short list, where they call out four or five dogs to take a second look. I don't know what the technical term is.

Hey, forgot to tell y'all...last year, AJ made it to Westminster....Massachusettes! (the town) 😃

• @Forever:

There was only 5 in the ring though we did see a brindle later and talked to the owner that b wasnt there at that time

The five in the ring would have been the 3 Specials enteres (finished champions) and Winners Dog and Winners Bitch. The one that was excused would have been in the regular dog classes

• @Forever:

Yes we talked to one of the Bs owners right before we left her name was Laura (Tammen's Basenjis) She helped me out alot talking to me about zoe i'm so glad I met her.

There was a fuss after the showing that delayed the next breed (a whippet owner was very upset about that) we asked laura about it and she mentioned that about the behavior.

Laura is very nice, has very nice Basenjis and is a good breeder….

Suggested Topics