Skip to content

Teaser dog

Basenji Talk
  • Barklessdog's thread about ruined items reminded me of something EL D has been doing lately. Down in the basement I had a box of plastic tubes from a old hobby. Anytime EL D would go downthere he would nose around looking for stuff to get into and would inevitably take one of the plastic tubes to chew on. I would simply take them away from him because he would eat some of the chewedup bits and I didn't want him chewing on them anyway. Well now he'll go down in the basement any chance he can get and head right for the plastic tubes. Then he'll take one and throw it around on the basement floor so it makes noises and then pointedly bring it to me and throw it down - like a challenge. Then he'll run the other way :D
    I really wonder sometimes what he'd say if he could speak human-talk.

  • @wizard:

    Then he'll take one and throw it around on the basement floor so it makes noises and then pointedly bring it to me and throw it down - like a challenge. Then he'll run the other way :D
    I really wonder sometimes what he'd say if he could speak human-talk.

    He is saying "Let's play Mom! C'mon throw it for me - I'll get it!"
    :)

  • Could be, today he started doing this with some plastic bags he found in the basement.

  • Be careful that they are not white PVC plumbing tubes . They are toxic. Don't let them chew on them, they are soft plastic.

  • Thanks for the tip Barklessdog I didn't know that - they weren't PVC anyway - I try to get them away from him as don't want him eating plastic of any kind.

  • LOL reminds me that just yesterday morning I was getting ready to go into the shower and had not shut the door yet and I heard Trixie skidding into our bedroom (we have hardwood floors) and the little beastie had my sunglasses!! She looked right at me and ran back out so of course I chased her. LOL This is our game we play everyday, she brings me something she is not supposed to have and runs! LOL

  • When Cory and Jayden get into something special (in their eyes) that they suspect they aren't supposed to have, they go and hide in a chair so they can examine it and chew it in private. There is no "Let's go show Mom!". Often Cory will rat Jayden out. She will make such a fuss that I've learned to recognize her "tattling" ruckus. If I want to get on the computer, I have to secure them in the room with me or put them outside. If not, Jayden WILL find something for them to get into. He is tall for a basenji and I swear he can use his front paws like hands!

    Pat

Suggested Topics

  • Dog Attack

    Basenji Talk
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    20k Views
    BarklessdogB
    I am so glad that You, your husband and Cricket are OK. You're lucky the bull mastiff did not attack your husband, Im surprised he did not, actually. I have had this happen to me so many times to our dogs. Thankfully it always ends up bad for the other dog/dogs. They go into fight mode right away, which does not make them great at meeting other dogs, but after this happening so many times, I don't trust the other dogs either. If I just have one dog with me, I scoop him up in my arms and that has worked well so far.
  • Who is this dog?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    BenkuraB
    I think I know!!! I think it's Dutch - Abotere's Zahir for Hicel. Oh dear, I speak to this dog at every show :o
  • Garbage Dog

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    How about serv'n up some flap jacks with that butter Petra? not yet..but he probably moves in on them soon..right now fruit is high on the list of things we have got to steal, come hell and high water..
  • Dog costumes

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    BDawgB
    I have no idea… but I did see a really cute Elvis costume today. hahahah
  • Dogs in the Shower

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    youngandtiredY
    Sahara does the same, she will stick her head through just enough to see you and then helps you get dry by licking. She loves to help out, and will take a bath pretty easy now. Daddy also took her with him to shower and she did good. We have also taken her in our boat with a lifepreserver of course and she liked it ok. Hubby put her in the river with him and she was fine with him. Yea, they do have the sweetest personalities, and we love our Sahara sooooooo much.
  • My dog is so dumb- My dog is so smart

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    9k Views
    J
    Hollie will hide her treats and her dog food. Her favorite hiding place is under MY pillow in the bed. She has tried to hide her entire food bowl by pushing one of her plush toys with her nose in an attempt to get the toy on top of her food bowl. Why doesn't she just use her mouth to pick it up and place it on the bowl? Silly dog!