• Welcome my girl Jaycee just turned 10 months the 26th of Oct. B's are so much fun and fast. Have fun on here and enjoy.

Rita Jean

• Welcome to the forum! My advice: Post some pics! 😃 😉

• Welcome to the forum - the advice you've read above - lots and lots of walks and/or runs is the most important you will ever get. It is very true that a tired B is a good B. Bored Basenjis can be a whirlwind of destruction. They are very bright and creative when it comes to new ways to get into stuff - puppyproof your home as though you had a rebellious teenager with the mind of a curious two year old! Of course, LOTS of time will be cuddling and laughing at your B's adorable behavior. My girls are 10 months and 17 months, and my time is equally split between the challenge and the joy!

• Welcome to the forum Shaman and Henry, you have certainly come to the right place for advice. My advice is to spend some time going through the threads, thare is loads of useful info.

• Welcome! Everybody already said lots of exercise, so I'm with Nobarkus: Have a sense of humor. You will find yourself laughing at things the owners of other breeds would be horrified by. 😃

And definitely check out all the forums. Also, pictures, pleeeeeeaaaaaasssseee….

• Welcome to the forum!

• Welcome to our pack!

• Hello, we are the new owners of Apollo, a 7 month old basenji mix. He has been absolutely fantastic. He is gentle and patient with my kids (4 and 😎 and also very fun and playful. We have just tried to stick to a consistent routine with him and we have had no problems.

• Welcome to you and Apollo as well! You guys all need to be posting some PICTURES of these wonderful new babies!

• Welcome Apollo and family!! If you want you can start a threat for yourself by clicking on 'new threat' in the "Member introduction" section.

And we loooovve pics here!! 😃 😃

Suggested Topics