Gonna try something new - and look what I made!

• I had a kitty litter box in the house with a dog once…Dog never got breathing problems from it, but he would occasionally score some buried treasure. 😃

• @AJs:

but he would occasionally score some buried treasure. 😃

LOL! That's so funny!

• Houston

Originally Posted by AJs Human
    but he would occasionally score some buried treasure.

LOL! That's so funny!

We call those..Kitty Tootsie Rolls…yumm-o

• Many breeders now days litter box train their pups…

• I hope it works for her. Let us know.

• Zoni is litter box trained, it was pretty easy. She was paper trained basically when I got her. The dog litter was like compressed paper pellets so it wouldn't be much of an inhalation issue. I did switch to putting newspaper in the box though after a while because she would dig in the pellets. I think I read on another list that you can get something at a feed co-op to fill the box that is pretty cheap but for the life of me I can't remember what it is.

• Liyah was litter box trained. I used Equine Pine which is compressed wood shaving pellets. When she would pee in it it turned to sawdust. Basically is the same as Feline Pine but quarter the price. I got it at Tractor Supply. Worked great.

• Houston

I have also heard of using a low litterbox(cat type) and line it with grass sod, apparently it works for several weeks to months before you have to replace the sod..the trick is to find the sod when it is not sod season:).

Our old westie when he was getting up in the years, or maybe even before that..would always pee(have accidents) by the froont door, so I would place papers or peepads and he would use those, rather then peeing on the floor..the other dogs would just look at him, as if he was a loon for peeing on the pads rather then wait until he got out..poor guy.

I think if the papers work, why change it..sounds like she is doing good..

• Thanks for the recommendation - Ive never heard of equine pine before but i went to the tractor supply website and there is a store about 20 minutes from me so I'll go check it out!

• @Tayda_Lenny:

Thanks for the recommendation - Ive never heard of equine pine before but i went to the tractor supply website and there is a store about 20 minutes from me so I'll go check it out!

I think it is a good idea to try ….. better IMO then paper if it works for her

Suggested Topics