• Pictures please! Pictures please! Don't make me beg please!

• Congratulations on your new doggie. She is lucky to have found you.

• Houston

Yes pictures, pictures..pretty please..
    I am so glad you found a new friend..did you name her…oh, I am dying to see a picture..

• What have you called her and can we have pics please 🙂

• Congratulations on your new family member. Best wishes to all of you.

Rita Jean

• :p

To all who have asked for pics, trust me i've tried. Every time a snap a pic, my sassy one moves and shakes. As soon as pooch permits, i'll add pic. She is so clever and funny. Last night she slept on my husbands neck. LOL He can't resist her, she won't allow it.

Also, I had picked Ella Louise, but my daughter had her trained to LoLa before I could sneeze. So it's official LoLa Louise. Louise for when she misbehaves.

Added at 9:30 am

We live on post and any problems are handled by work-orders. Well a contractor just left and he thinks that the pooch is mixed with Rat Terrier. Well upon further investigations, I am thinking she is a mix of Decker Rat Terriers, and Rat Terriers. I have read other sections of the Basenji forum and the Decker Terriers bloodline consists of Basenji. That explains it. She definitely looks like all three.

This website http://imageevent.com/sierras_heaven…msaurorash?n=0 from YodelDogs posted in September 2009 has pics of Decker Terries and they look a lot like Basenjis.

The only exception for LoLa is size. She is approx. 13LBS, smaller than a Basenji, or a Decker Rat Terrier, but average for a Rat Terrier. However, she looks just like a Basenji or Decker (Giant Rat Terrier) from neck down.

I wish that the shelter did more research, they had so many dogs, and many of them are Labs. Labs are high-energy dogs; they seemed only interested in adopting them out, then insuring a proper fit. I told the worker that she needed to be careful adopting certain breeds into certain families. I am happy that LoLa fits into my family. We love her and pamper her.

• Houston

I love the name Lola, one of my favorite dog girls names..I might have to have a Lola one day..but you beat me too it..

She sounds like so much fun, can't wait to see pics.

• Well, LoLa stayed stationery long enough to capture pics.

hope I did this right.

• What a pretty girl love that face. Good pictures.

Rita Jean

• Houston

she is so cute..thanks for sharing.

• Lola is beautiful, well done posting the pics, have been a member since begining of the year and i still cant post 😃

• What a little doll!

• <snip>

We live on post and any problems are handled by work-orders. Well a contractor just left and he thinks that the pooch is mixed with Rat Terrier. Well upon further investigations, I am thinking she is a mix of Decker Rat Terriers, and Rat Terriers. I have read other sections of the Basenji forum and the Decker Terriers bloodline consists of Basenji. That explains it. She definitely looks like all three.</snip>

I fostered a Decker Rat Terrier than I pulled from a local shelter they believed to be Basenji or B-mix. He was a delight, I'd be happy to share pictures with you if you like to compare.

• Tegs,
    Sorry that it took me a while to reply. I would love to trade pics with you. Everyday that passes, I am reminded of the Basenji Code. She is a bolter, I am happy that we have a storm door to help.

Suggested Topics