You'd think I'd have learned my lesson too!

• Holly:

Gotta admit that is one thing keeping me from getting a second B - what if I wound up with another Shaye! Thinking of another kind of dog maybe, with a milder personality.

• Shaye's Mom -

That's what I was worried about too with getting a second one, but since we got to do a trial run with Keoki I was able to calm my fears. He is so calm and trustworthy, but he is also 6 years old.

• @tanza:

Be a bit careful with things like towels… if they shred/eat them the strings from terry cloth can cause blockages in the gut... and can even wrap around strangling the intestines....

+1 Nemo ate a portion of a bath towel and had to have it surgically removed. I'm not sure what the weave is called (maybe terry cloth), but when ripped it is became very stringy and mananged to form this mass that was connected from his stomach into his intestines (I had the pleasure of getting to see it after it was removed). Luckily they were able to remove it by pulling it out through an incision in his stomach versus the intestines. So, watch out if it is that type of towel. I haven't had as much problem with fabrics that rip up into discrete pieces.

• Oh, you can get a second basenji…just make sure its settled and a good house dog.
    We have plenty of them looking for good homes at the BRAT website.

• @Kona:

Shaye's Mom -

That's what I was worried about too with getting a second one, but since we got to do a trial run with Keoki I was able to calm my fears. He is so calm and trustworthy, but he is also 6 years old.

Yes, I understand Keoki and Kona are doing really well - wish I'd been at West Park the day you went over - unfortunately, Shaye had been spayed the Friday before, so we missed you, and them. We have been talking with a woman who has a 7 year old Jack Russell female - of course we were going to get her dog almost a year ago, before we got Shaye, and it fell through because she changed her mind, so, who knows, but Shaye really really needs another dog, I think - older, more calm.:rolleyes:

Suggested Topics