• @Kananga:

He's already showing signs of improvement. First morning in awhile where he's slept past 7am. I'm finally getting a full nights rest. He's been on Baytril for over 24 hours now. No accidents since Thursday, so far so good. 😃

That is so great to hear!!!! Yea for Kananga!!! and for you too!!!!

• Houston

Good to hear, I will keep my fingers crossed that you have found the cure for his problems..

• Vet followed up with me today. She didn't get a chance to discuss his results in-depth on Saturday, but she wanted to discuss everything with me over the phone today.

She was happy to hear he has shown signs of improvement. I asked about the concern with the specific gravity, she mentioned that it's hopefully just from him drinking more water, but that the urinalysis a week from today will really show if it's still a concern. She did say it's quite uncommon for a male dog to come down with a UTI after being neutered, but the stress can worsen a very weak presence of bacteria (typically that would be managed by the dog's immune system without any symptoms) and that it would not have shown up on any blood work prior to surgery. She has seen this happen once before. I was pleased to hear she was knowledgeable about fanconi syndrome. I explained that simply going off of his parents, there's only the possibility of him being a carrier in the worst case scenario, but that I plan on testing him in the near future.

It was nice to have a thorough discussion with her though. Seems like she really wanted to make sure all of my questions/concerns were answered. 🙂

• Sounds like you hit the JACKPOT with your new Vet… that is so good to hear.... and sounds like Kananga is well on the way to full recovery....

• Yay! It's hard to find a vet like that…glad to know he's improving!

• Urinalysis was done this morning. Everything came back perfect. No bacteria, specific gravity is in a normal range, etc.

He's back to being healthy (and chewing on my couch). 😃

• Houston

Good to hear…not about the couch;), but about his health..

Suggested Topics