Skip to content

Hi! Long time basenji owner from Washington

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • First Time Basenji Owner! Hello from Connecticut!

    Member Introductions
    24
    3 Votes
    24 Posts
    10k Views
    M
    Thank you for going to a responsible breeder and I believe that your pup is related to my Basenjis. Have you registered the pup yet? and if not or so, remember to sent the registration number and sire / dam to Zande...and AKC registration name for her pedigree site...http://www.pedigrees.zandebasenjis.com/
  • Hi from my mexican basenjis

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Welcome! Congrats on the new adoption. Be careful though, they can get into severe fights. Giving Milka space to avoid him might help. Do you have photos? We love pictures!
  • Wanna be basenji owner

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    You can help allergic reaction with most breeds by simply grooming regularly and wiping down with even something like baby wipes. But no dog is hypoallergenic.If your allergies are mild you can do what many of us do, just take antihistamines. :) If severe, sadly you should not count on a basenji to no set them off. Some nonshedding dogs do better, but they also have dander and saliva, so they also are NOT hypoallergenic.
  • Hi all from Cambria and her owners

    Member Introductions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    ArwenA
    Hello! I'm in Tx as well. I crate my Basenji (and my chiweenie for that matter.) I think it gives them a den/safe spot. Nayru can deconstruct any toy so far. The best one has been one of those loofah dog toys from PetSmart. That only just got destuffed. :) I just pick up fuzz a lot. She loves her beef bone for gnawing on as well.
  • Could be a Basenji owner?

    Member Introductions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    Hello and welcome. Maggie looks basenji to me too. I agree with what someone else wrote about the "deer legs." She is gorgeous and very lucky to have you in her life.
  • First time Basenji owner!

    Member Introductions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    12k Views
    DukeD
    Woah! I can't begin to tell you the noises I hear behind me. The two are going at it . . . because ? ? ? ? They must need each other to remind them that they are dogs. (I think). Zuri is very cute!