Skip to content

Hi! Long time basenji owner from Washington

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Hopeful Basenji Owner

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    This is the link to the Basenji club of America. https://www.basenji.org/index.php/about-basenjis/breeder-directory
  • Hello from new member and first time basenji owner

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    Congrats on your puppy…. has he (or his sire/dam) been health tested for Fanconi and PRA with the DNA test? Very important this if this has not been done for his Sire/Dam that you have your boy tested. And even if they have been tested, never hurts to follow up with having him done also.
  • Basenji Owner in Florida

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    Chealsie508C
    I own one of those little ratbags..lmao But I wouldn't give him up for the world..nearing three years and I'm still waiting for the "let up" Lol
  • Question to all Basenji Owners

    Member Introductions
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    12k Views
    wizardW
    Another thing I've done with mine, I use the patio door to get to the garage when we go for rides and the side door of the house when we go for walks (the front door is never used for anything). That way my dogs always head in a certain direction when "escaping" out a particular door. Although a trainer told me not to that (she insisted dogs need to be kept guessing), it has so far worked for me. Even when the two escapes happened, it was in the particular direction for that door.
  • New Basenji Owner

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    9k Views
    T
    I was struck by the fact that your Bernese lived to be 20 years old! Wow! I know they have had concerns with cancer in the breed, and very few of them live that long. How wonderful for you that you got to have her for that long. Terry
  • Could be a Basenji owner?

    Member Introductions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    Hello and welcome. Maggie looks basenji to me too. I agree with what someone else wrote about the "deer legs." She is gorgeous and very lucky to have you in her life.