• poor guy. i'm sure he'll be feeling better soon.

• @YodelDogs:

If it continues I will but I think his discomfort may be due to having stiches in both his right leg and his left side and just not being able to find a comfortable position. He has a thick pad to lay on but he really preferred the sofa.

How about trying some memory foam like they sell in Sam's club. There are pillows and bed toppers available.

Jason

• More prayers and hugs going your way.

• Baron has been a very good boy this week, being quiet and calm in the puppy pen, but unfortunately his sutures did not hold. They started splitting last night and by today there was a big, gaping hole (again). So back to the vet we went. Since it is obvious that sutures are of no use we're going to try keeping it clean and covered in hopes that, over time, the skin will grow back together. This process could take weeks if not months.

Baron was still knocked out when I picked him up and I was a bit shocked to find that the vet stapled the bandaging onto his skin! :eek: I take him back Monday to change the bandage. I am unsure if the new bandage will be stapled on or what but it makes me queasy just thinking about it.

• Robyn,

Staples are the best way to keep the bandaging in place in a location where there is motion. The only other way is super glue, but it doesn't work nearly as well where there is hair, so…. I know it seems gross, but keeping it clean and covered is so crucial, because of the infection risk. Believe me, infection would be far grosser than the staples.

Hang in there, girl! Make sure he's getting lots of love and goodies with his sedatives. We will be thinking of you both.

• Robyn,
    How is Baron doing? I hope all is going well.

Pat

Suggested Topics