• I'd just like to take the time to introduce myself. Our family lost our dog (a German Short-haired Pointer) in June 29, 2007. She was 15 years old. She was an absoluting amazing dog and we still miss her terribly. It took us a while as we were not ready to get a new dog, but recently we started doing some research and fell in love with the Basenji. We located and met up with a breeder about 4 hours east of us and picked up Maya this past Friday. My children love her (they are 15 and 12 yrs old) and we are getting used to a puppy and lack of sleep. Maya will be 10 weeks old this weekend. Thanks for all the info/friendship that seems to be in place on this forum. 🙂

• Welcome and congrats…. hope to see pictures soon

• Welcome to our pack - tell us more about her.

• Hello & welcome from another Canadian. Congrats on your new pup. I know you will find a lot of useful info from this group, just as I have. You said about your children loving the pup - when we had our 1st B, my youngest son - then 3 - used to chew on the dog's ears - I'm not sure who was being pacified the most:-)

G

• Welcome to the forums and good luck with the new pup. It's a wonderful community here with many willing to help with any problem that might arise.

• Please make sure your new basenji has had the health testing needed to give you a long lived companion.

• Welcome to the forum!

• Welcome from another Canadian as well. Where in Canada are you from?

• Welcome to the forum! Another Maya! 😃
    Can't wait to see pics!!

• Thanks so much for the warm welcome. In reference to a couple of people's inquiries/questions; We are from Ontario, Canada. We have our first appointment with our Vet (the earliest we could get) today (Friday) and will be getting the appropriate testing done to ensure her health. I will post pictures soon.

• Welcome to the forum!

• Welcome! I am from just over the water in the Detroit area. 🙂

• Welcome to the forum…and congrats on the new addition!

Suggested Topics