• Yesterday we went to a test and practice day put on by S.H.O.T. and Piper got the first leg of her JC. She ran really well and had a blast, in fact I'm not sure if there is anything in life that she enjoys as much as chasing the lure. Although she definitely thought it was too cold to be standing around outside when the bunny wasn't moving. 🙂

Here are videos of her runs, they're not the best videos ever but you can get the idea, the first is the JC test and the second is a practice.

[yt]I1-Mub-veHs[/yt]

[yt]TZOtvm7WctA[/yt]

• Congrats on the first JC leg. She looks like she had a blast! 🙂

• Congrats! Half way to her first title!

And it sounded like she is pretty quiet at the line not her cousins that I have that scream like banhsees for their chance at the lure.

• Congrats! Thanks for sharing the videos, they were fun to watch.

• @lvoss:

And it sounded like she is pretty quiet at the line not her cousins that I have that scream like banhsees for their chance at the lure.

Yeah she is pretty much a silent basenji. She has yodeled a total of 5 times in her life and will occasionally whine and has growled a few times but other than those she never makes a sound.

She just tries to back out of the slip lead at the line. She doesn't understand why she needs to wait for the tally-ho.:)

• Congrats! Looks like this is her thing!

• Congratulations - I hope she has many more chances.

• @Jarodkjv:

She just tries to back out of the slip lead at the line. She doesn't understand why she needs to wait for the tally-ho.:)

I can totally relate. I never opt to walk my dog on walking starts because they just end up spun around. Nicky actually knocked over a huntmaster during a Regional Invitational when he was a youngster because he turned around and in getting back on the lure he collided with the back of the huntmasters legs with a loud thud! He just kept going.

My girls will pull and try to spin but they also scream at the lure. Most people here think it is kind of endearing especially since they only do when they are going to run or think they are going to run.

• We went to another field trial today and Piper was able to get her JC, so now she has her first title! She ran really well again and is now happily sleeping, which of course makes me almost as happy.

• @Jarodkjv:

We went to another field trial today and Piper was able to get her JC, so now she has her first title! She ran really well again and is now happily sleeping, which of course makes me almost as happy.

That is super… congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wow great! Congrats!

And I loved the videos, you can see she's really enjoying it! 🙂

• Congrats! No more naked name for Piper.

• Very nice, congrats! I'm sure Piper had a blast and is looking forward to more. One of my girls got a new title this weekend too, so the joy is definitely spreading. 🙂

• @kiroja:

Very nice, congrats! I'm sure Piper had a blast and is looking forward to more. One of my girls got a new title this weekend too, so the joy is definitely spreading. 🙂

Congrats to you too then!

And yeah Piper could care less about titles or anything else she just wonders why she doesn't get to chase the lure everytime it runs.

• Yes, it is soo disappointing when they can hear the machines zipping around and they can't go get it! lol

In fact, I got a good laugh a month ago. We were at a very different kind of event standing around in the snow. They had a generator going when we first got there, and the kids didn't really take notice of anything. The generator was off for a while, then all of a sudden they turned it back on. The look on Mojo's face was priceless! He thought it was the lure machine starting up and he just went nuts for the next few minutes trying to find out where the bunny might be??? 🙂

• Haha, yeah I have to turn the sound off if I play the videos of her coursing or she will go nuts when she hears the lure machine and go running around looking for the bunny.

• Here's a quick video I shot tonight of Piper reacting to a lure coursing video. She knows the sound of the lure machine and knows there is a bunny somewhere she just can't figure out where. You would think after a few seconds she would realize there is no bunny inside the computer but I guess not.:)

[yt]tDW7FdbiVC0[/yt]

• Haha.. that's a great video!! Not afraid she's going to stand on your laptop? 😃

• @Janneke:

Haha.. that's a great video!! Not afraid she's going to stand on your laptop? 😃

No she walks across my laptop all the time and especially loves to lay down and put her head across the keyboard so she can push as many buttons as possible to make it impossible for me to be able to do anything on the computer. She also likes to lick the screen for some reason. But I gave up worrying about it and just figure it's all part of the package of owning a b.:D

Suggested Topics