This girl belongs in the oval office!

• @wizard:

On the other (lighter) hand - a basenji being a basenji would more than likely tear up some stupid executive order before it could be implemented or maybe shred a bad piece of legislation waiting for a signature :). Can you imagine the look on a visiting head-of-state walking into the oval office only to see toilet paper all over the place πŸ˜ƒ

Or having a head-of-state set his coffee on the coffee table, and having a B jump up and take a sip πŸ˜‰

Or having to remodel all of the room so that garbage cans can be safely tucked away πŸ˜‰

• Or visitors seeing two little girls running through the halls after their baths being chased by a living towel; that would be so funny.

• Yeah…I don't know about how much additional interest we would get from a B being the first dog...I don't think Scotties' popularity skyrocketed with the Bushes (the second) or Brittany's with Bushes (the first). But I would worry that perhaps the Obamas might not really want a dog that takes as much 'work' as a Basenji. Seems like life will be busy enough for them. And honestly, I don't think most Basenjis would like the life of a presidential dog...ya know...be here for photos shoots, be kind to the dumb reporters, don't chew up the curtains or underwear...no running thru the house, especially during the tours πŸ˜‰ It would make for an AWESOME comic strip, though πŸ˜‰

• Although I am sure that the Obamas would take wonderful care of a basenji, I do agree that such an increase in popularity might not be a great thing for bs in general.

On the other hand…
    I can picture the "Presidential petsitter" and maybe some secret service chasing the basenji all over the front lawn to try to get a pair of socks back. Meanwhile, the b is having the time of his/her life waiting until his pursuers get within arm's reach and then dashing off again his/her little curled tail wagging all the way..."Ha ha I've got visiting dignitary socks!" πŸ˜ƒ

• LOL…..I was thinking of chewed up crotchless panties under the bed in the Lincoln Bedroom and the logistics of policing 35 bathrooms for gnawed on feminine products:D πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

• Just picture … visiting dignitaries are having a fancy dinner and here comes the basenji ... woohoo πŸ˜ƒ

And just think what could happen when the presidential basenji finds the white house christmas tree and the giant gingerbread house ... double woohoo πŸ˜ƒ

• The Queen of the Netherlands is elegant and her Basenji adds to her charm. I love the portrait.

I would not want to see Basenjis in the White House. I worry about the breed and would hate to see it exploited.

One of my pet sitting clients told me about a movie "Good-bye my Lady"
    (1955) featuring a Basenji. He told me not to watch it because I'd cry my eyes out. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049271/

• @snorky998:

LOL…..I was thinking of chewed up crotchless panties under the bed in the Lincoln Bedroom and the logistics of policing 35 bathrooms for gnawed on feminine products:D πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

Hahahaha. πŸ˜ƒ I can just see it all now…

• @Janneke:

I thought exactly the same..

But.. I think I mentioned this before in another thread: Our former queen had a basenji πŸ˜ƒ

And there she is! Z'hara was she called i believe?
    If I have to explain wich breed I own, I say often, like our queen did years ago..
    But only the older people respont to that as "oooowww yes I know, a little not barking dog!"

A mix would be good for the white house, but no pure bred… just because there are so many people who buy a dog just for having the same as him... 😞
    And a basenji? thats not a dog for everyone....

Suggested Topics