• Hysterical!!!! Thanks,Tim

• How cute! Shango's going to be Batman, errr…..Batdog. 🙂

http://www.buycostumes.com/Batman-Pet-Costume/6132/ProductDetail.aspx

• I'm turning a pink pig costume into the energizer bunny for Beegin. Nothing could be more apt for him. I'm currently trying to find/make the small sunglasses I'll need.

• The first year we have Capt Jack we went to the PetSmart costume contest. I dressed up like a Sailor with "Go Navy Beat Army" on my back and Jack went dressed in Army Uniform with "Go army Sink Navy" on his back and we won!!! It was awesome! Jack had no problem with a army uniform on lol, hat and all!! It was a blast!! Ill NEVER forget how excited we all were that we won! and there were some awesome costumes too!

• I wish I could have gotten Jack that Jack Sparrow costume…his name WAS Capt Jack Sparrow after all!! lol

• OMG, I laughed so hard when I saw this costume. I have to get this one for Nemo. I can only imagine the look on his face.

http://www.buycostumes.com/Bloomin-Snout-Pet-Costume/31006/ProductDetail.aspx

I wanted a Yoda costume (since he has built-in yoda ears) but it looks like the official one isn't of reliable quality.

• Here's a sneak peek at Mick's costume. I have other accessories to add.

• Does it glow in the dark? that would be cool.

• @dash:

I saw a Yoda costume for dogs. I can't for the life of me remember where, but that is what I thought Dash could be.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+11828+17973&pcatid=17973
    this site use to have it but now just has a smaller selection of the star wars team lol…they still look cute, they even have a shrek costume 😃

• I'm entering Dallas into a local contest where the winner gets $2500!!! So, I decided against the cowboy one, as it's not creative enough. Not I am thinking of a boxer [the athlete not the dog] since Dallas does the up trick where he gets on his hind legs & his paws are out in the air. It's cute. Anyway, I need to find him some funny looking shorts & a tiny sweat band :p Also, obviously, boxing gloves! Any ideas on additions to this?

• wow 2500! Good Luck! Thats awesome! When Jack Won we got a Gift Card to Petsmart and a Treat Basket (like a fruit basket) for Jack it was AWESOME! Thats a Cute Idea. May I recommend that you dress up too? I believe that is what REALLY gave me the upper hand in our contest, no one else dressed up. maybe you could be a boxer too? and even make a makeshift ring for the presentation? Thatd win for sure!!

• @Capt_Jack_our_Basenji:

wow 2500! Good Luck! Thats awesome! When Jack Won we got a Gift Card to Petsmart and a Treat Basket (like a fruit basket) for Jack it was AWESOME! Thats a Cute Idea. May I recommend that you dress up too? I believe that is what REALLY gave me the upper hand in our contest, no one else dressed up. maybe you could be a boxer too? and even make a makeshift ring for the presentation? Thatd win for sure!!

Yea I was thinking of making some kid of ring for him to pose in. It's actually a photo contest. I considered dressing up a stuffed animal as well to make him look like he's boxing the stuffed animal. Maybe I will make the stuffed animal laying on it's side like Dallas knocked him out :p I will certainly post any photos I take!

• @Ninabeana26:

I will certainly post any photos I take!

You better.. Or I will send Zaire after you. 😃

• @Ninabeana26:

I'm entering Dallas into a local contest where the winner gets $2500!!! So, I decided against the cowboy one, as it's not creative enough. Not I am thinking of a boxer [the athlete not the dog] since Dallas does the up trick where he gets on his hind legs & his paws are out in the air. It's cute. Anyway, I need to find him some funny looking shorts & a tiny sweat band :p Also, obviously, boxing gloves! Any ideas on additions to this?

A black eye!! A little theatrical grease paint will do the trick!! You could do the referee dress up part and pose lifting the winning paw high in the air:D (That would steady him for the photo op as well)

Edit with another thought…..The boxing shorts could have that wide band they wear with the sponsoring companies logo front and center on his tummy when he stands up to be named the "champ". (That might be considered pandering, but alls fair in love and costume contest, right???)

• @wizard:

Does it glow in the dark? that would be cool.

Yes it does!

• our male basenji who doesn't really mind being dressed up goes trick or treating every year to our vet's office. We bring a big pumpkin filled with candy for the staff. He gets lots of ooh's and aah's and they get the candy. He gets treats from the staff. It makes for a fun vet visit instead of the ususal. This year he will be a devil, very appropiate for a basenji. If our little girl would tolerate a costume she could be the "angel" that she really isn't
    Fun is had by all.

• @basenji3:

our male basenji who doesn't really mind being dressed up goes trick or treating every year to our vet's office. We bring a big pumpkin filled with candy for the staff. He gets lots of ooh's and aah's and they get the candy. He gets treats from the staff. It makes for a fun vet visit instead of the ususal. This year he will be a devil, very appropiate for a basenji. If our little girl would tolerate a costume she could be the "angel" that she really isn't
    Fun is had by all.

This is a great idea! I may have to borrow so that the furkids can have a nice visit to the vet that doesn't involve a themometer!

• @snorky998:

A black eye!! A little theatrical grease paint will do the trick!! You could do the referee dress up part and pose lifting the winning paw high in the air:D (That would steady him for the photo op as well)

Edit with another thought…..The boxing shorts could have that wide band they wear with the sponsoring companies logo front and center on his tummy when he stands up to be named the "champ". (That might be considered pandering, but alls fair in love and costume contest, right???)

Love the tips! I will definitely have to do the black eye :p

Only issue I am having is finding some darn shorts for him!!! The only ones I can find are either valour pants or denim. Anyone know where I can get shorts that at least somewhat resemble boxing shorts? 😕

Suggested Topics