Skip to content

Looking for a Basenji in BC, Canada

Basenjis For Sale or Wanted

Suggested Topics

  • Looking for a Basenji puppy

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    @rjbasenji - this is the time to align with a responsible breeder for a pup maybe in 2021. Because Basenjis only come in season once a year and their litter size is only 4-6 puppies, it is difficult to find one especially will all the people that "want" one... If you can visit with a breeder that would help you or if not call them on the phone and tell them why you think that a Basenji would be a good fit for your family/lifestyle.
  • 2 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    N
    Hi there, Funny enough, my guy is from a breeder in Pembroke - just down the road from Ottawa! They've had litters on and off over the years, but I'm not sure whether they're active at the moment (last I heard, one of the moms was in a "false heat" and they might try again with her in the summer). In any event, it's easiest to politely contact whatever active breeders you can find in Ont/QC, and I find they're very nice and often able to refer you to others should their bookings be full. That's how I did it. Best of luck!!
  • Looking for female basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    NobleJoAN
    @helle-devi Thank you for responding. I have already been in touch with the basenji sisters. I was not aware before I contacted them that they are located in CA. I think the distance between us is too great. If things didn’t work out between my basenji and one of their girls, the distance would be a problem. I did become a member on the Facebook site that you recommended. Thank you so much! I was unaware that such a site existed. Jo Ann
  • Looking for Basenji for family

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    10k Views
    natnatsupercatN
    Her name is Fancy, but comes from a lady named Cherry : )
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    BasenjiMayaB
    @bernicem77: I'm not sure if you found a male, but BRAT has two males available in Ontario. Thank you. Just saw the latest dog post.
  • Looking for Basenji

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    J
    He has never owned a Basenji before no, but he has researched them. Thank you for the info. I will talk to him.