• @Schouiffy:

Lol.

Does he come bubble wrapped?? 🙂 do you go back and forth much because your Podengo is from this side of the pond correct? 😛

Nope I just pay a lot of shipping fees - the exchange rate sucks - hope to come over next summer but who knows.

• Good to know about the Vizslas.. really lovely dogs - I met one at my Vet office the other day and he was a truly stunning dog. The owner told me they are super up for hiking which was a major plus. Gotta love our dogs who keep our toes jumping, heheh!

Looove the Shiba-Inu story! I have been wary of the Shibas cause I have met more than a handful - and none of them turned out to be very nice with ppl out side of "their ppl". I was afraid they might be too sensitive for my lifestyle, but they are soooooo pretty!! With those coats!

–if you make it over you can bring your BW 🙂 heheh!

This is just a random side comment - but in looking at a bunch of different breeders, I'm surprised that so many of them don't describe their dogs temperaments/behaviors etc. They talk about their breeding programs but not much about the dogs - seems like every real Basenji breeder's site has a page devoted to 'WARNING!' curious owners to be.. heheh!

although I read this on a Husky breeders site and I had to laugh: "Left unattended for long periods of time can lead them to seeking something to take the place of that lack of attention. They may even tear something up."
    rephrased in Basenji terms: Left unattended for long or short periods of time will lead them to seeking something to take the place of that lack of attention..They will utterly destroy a variety of objects in your house, this is to be expected. Deal.

Suggested Topics