Gift Exchange: Basenji Buddies Summer 2008

• We sent ours off today…should be to our B-buddy by Monday!

Jackpot got his box of goodies in the mail yesterday~! He LOVES the zebra stuffed animal and goes crazy every time it makes the whinny noise! What a fun gift 🙂 He was also VERY excited about the red chicken stick things...boy does he love those, he could smell them through the box and kept pawing at the box before we got it opened! The collar is VERY cool. Thanks for all of the presents!

I've attached a few pictures of Jackpot with his new favorite toy.

attachment_p_52320_0_engagement-jackpot-pictures-017.jpg
    attachment_p_52320_1_engagement-jackpot-pictures-005.jpg

• Awh awesome! I'm so glad Jackpot recieved his gift! I didn't have Jackpot, but it's good to see that our Basenji Buddy plan worked out!

I sent my package out today, my b-buddy should be getting it sometime early next week!

• Woo hoo!!!! Zaire FINALY finished her package for our Basenji buddy. I can't wait to brave to post office tomorrow and send it out….. This really was a GREAT idea.

Just as a funny side note, When we went shopping I had Zaire with me. The woman at one of the little shops we went to (read as "I am blessed to live in Oregon where we have way too many cute little dog specialty shops") Fealt bad that Zaire wasn't getting any of the toys we were buying, so she gave zaire some lamb jerky so she wouldn't feel neglected. 😃

• Hahahaha, that's too funny; I bet Zaire was happy 🙂

I understand this all too well. I work in a dog bakery and Shango comes to work with me. Everyone comes in and he plays the role so well- "Oh! He's not getting any treats? Can I buy one for him?" Hahahahhaha he's such a lucky dog on days we work!

• I am sure he never gets any treats from his Daddy, haha!!!!

• My basenji buddy gifts were shipped out today!

As a side note, the place I shipped from wouldn't let me add any notes to the package. Sooo…I will just explain the gifts Dallas sent on here after my buddy has received them 🙂 I don't want to ruin the surprise beforehand!

• We got ours today. I got a Navy pen and bumper sticker, and Medjai got some great new nylabones, cookies, plush ball, and some other great odds and ends. There was also a great little booklet that came with the package written by Medjai's basenji buddy.

I have found one problem with this package. It make mine seem so small, as I didn't send that much or with a cute little note, but Medjai's new buddy should love their package as much as Medjai loves those types of things.

• Please post some photos!

• Our package arrived the other day from Florida. In addition to some delicious goodies, EL D received a new collar (I especially like the little allegators) …

• @wizard:

Our package arrived the other day from Florida. In addition to some delicious goodies, EL D received a new collar (I especially like the little allegators) …

Very snazzy new collar. Looks like El D knew he was looking good, he strikes quite a pose!

• A great collar for a handosme boy!

Wow! What a handsome dog!!

• I got all my stuff packaged and ready to go..It'll be out in the mail tomorrow hopefully!

• For Soulmate - just got my student loan money and research stipend today (I just love being a poor college student:) ). so please forgive me for the lateness of the package. I'll be sending it out end of this week.

• don't worry, I am also a bit late. Beegin loves Post-its? interesting B-hobby…

regards,
    esther

• MacPack (Topper, Eddie & Nicky) got their gifts today, woo-hoo!
    Great stuffed toys (snatched from my hands immediately!), pizzle sticks,and really yummy dog treats…lots and lots to last a long time (or one day if Eddie had his druthers). And a treat for the humans too, thanks Wizard!

This is fun!

Anne in Tampa

• THis is really a lot of fun – I've enjoyed reading what others have received.
    Pity the poor folks who couldn't participate. :p

• We are preparing for the Winter Holidays Basenji Buddies Gift Exchange. Details to follow in another thread.

• I'm excited to do this again!

Shango and I sent ours out a few days ago so we're anxiously waiting until our basenji buddy gets their package,

Shango hasn't recieved his gift yet so we're anxiously waiting for that too! We look forward to come home and find a package on the door step. We can't wait!

• So I came home this morning and there was a package waiting for us at the door! It must have come yesterday after I'd left for the day.

We hurried to open it up because we were so excited; boy did Jill and Tosca spoil my boy, Shango!

He was given tons of delicious treats and really great toys including an awesome stuffed bat that he already loves and a really great rubber ball that can hold some of his treats in it for him to hunt out. He also was given a great bandana to wear, which will be perfect for him to wear next weekend when we go do a dog walk!

I can't THANK YOU enough; you were more than generous to my Shango and he LOVES everything he's been given.

Here are pics for proof; these are all taken just minutes after opening the gifts. He played with everything immediately! THANK YOU SO MUCH JILL AND TOSCA!!! 🙂

Tosca, you should be getting yours any day now! 😉

Thanks guy, this has been a blast. We can wait for the next one!!!

• I am so glad you and Shango liked the gifts! I am glad the stuffed bat worked as well, I tried to find a real Batman one, but no luck. Thank you for posting the pictures too, its so much fun to see him playing with the toys…and the bandana looks adorable 🙂

I agree, this was a lot of fun, and Tosca is very excited to get her gift too!

Suggested Topics