Gift Exchange: Basenji Buddies Summer 2008

• @Jylly18:

I am so glad you and Shango liked the gifts! I am glad the stuffed bat worked as well, I tried to find a real Batman one, but no luck. Thank you for posting the pictures too, its so much fun to see him playing with the toys…and the bandana looks adorable 🙂

I agree, this was a lot of fun, and Tosca is very excited to get her gift too!

The bat is awesome and he's been playing with it all day! Really, you were very kind. Thank you so much for the gifts. Do you have camera capabilities? I'd love to see pictures of how Tosca likes her gifts! Heck, we'd love to see pictures of Tosca! 🙂

Mailed her gifts last week so they'll be there any day this week! Sit tight, Tosca!

• Dallas received his package from LiveWWSD on Friday afternoon. He was so excited that he didn't want to wait for mommy to run to get scissors. He started pawing at the box! Haha. Anyhoo, here are the photos I took:

Checking out the Cheetah Stuffed animal…

Got him! Dallas certainly loves to hunt stuffed Cheetahs :p

Pawing at the cackling witch toy!

Shaking her around a bit. LOL

Sitting nice & pretty for a sweet potato treat! He, like Zaire, will actually LISTEN when I whip one of these babies out :p Thanks Daniel! These treats are a godsend!!! 🙂

Dallas loved the gifts & I have already put the sticker on my car which reads: "Wag more. Bark less." Haha. I appreciate everything, as does Dallas! He hasn't let that darn Cheetah out of his sight!

I can't wait for the next exchange!!!! 😃
    attachment_p_52853_0_m166572190.jpg
    attachment_p_52853_1_m166572144.jpg

• WOW I can't believe the post got that package across the country so fast, AMAZING.

So Glad Dallas enjoyed his gifts. This was SO MUCH FUN 🙂

Those Sweet Potato treats are my secret weapon when Zaire is refusing to listen. 😃

• @LiveWWSD:

WOW I can't believe the post got that package across the country so fast, AMAZING.

So Glad Dallas enjoyed his gifts. This was SO MUCH FUN 🙂

Those Sweet Potato treats are my secret weapon when Zaire is refusing to listen. 😃

I was shocked too because I did remember seeing when you said you were heading to the post office! I sent my from online, which is why I wasn't able to send a letter with it 😞 Stupid Petsmart. However, once you get the items I can explain a little more 🙂

I just tracked your package & it's in Washington state as of 9 AM. It says you will receive it by the 4th but I'd hope sooner if it's already in Washington!

• Are those Free Range treats?!

Shango LOVES the Free Range Sweet Potato treats (if that's what they are!)

🙂

• Sahara got her package today, and boy did she want to get into it asap. I think she could smell the bully stick, it is her favorite treat. Thanks to my basenji buddy that sent it our way, Sahara loves, loves the pumpkin, and the pigbelly. I have never seen one of those, and she just loves to throw it and run after, she brings it to me also to play fetch. The bone you sent is also a favorite treat of hers, haven't ever tried the salmon, liver ones. She loves liver and fish so I think it will be a hit also. Thanks again for being so generous, we truly appreciate your thoughtfullness. Treat my baby girl good, and it makes me smile, and happy. Hopefully I can get some pics of her and her box downloaded tomorrow.

• I'm so glad Sahara got her box. We had so much fun picking out the goodies! 🙂 This was a REALLY FUN IDEA…and we can't wait to participate in the next gift exchange! (I'm already putting together some ideas!) 🙂

Thanks again for Jackpot's treats...he sleeps with his zebra toy now! LOL

P.S. The Wellness treats are Jackpots FAVORITE! I hope Sahara likes them!

• The guy at the post office told me that it would take only one day to get the package from Denmark to the US. I wonder how long it takes to get it arround in the US.

Regards,
    Esther

• @Ninabeana26:

Dallas received his package from LiveWWSD on Friday afternoon. He was so excited that he didn't want to wait for mommy to run to get scissors. He started pawing at the box! Haha

Wow. Dallas is one handsome boy!

• A big Yodel and thank you to Dallas and Nina for the great gifts.

My roommate said the mailman got here early today, and all Day Zaire was trying to get him to open her gift box.
    He kept telling her she had to wait for daddy to get home.

She felt that as the package had her name on it daddy could go suck a lemon. :p

But she was a good girl and waited for me to get home.

Here are some pictures of the loot she received. (For your viewing pleasure)

Here is an AMAZING shirt for my little princess. (Nina thank you so much I need to remember that this cut of dog shirt fits her SOO well. I have never found a cut that works as well for her)

And here is the lovley princess modeling for us all

Here is a CUTE CUTE CUTE stuffed mailman toy. (I couldn't get her to stand still with it long enough to get a good shot, that just proves how great it is) 😃

Here is a better shot so the rest of you can marvel at its cuteness.

And here is Zaire being SOO good for an AvoDerm treat (A treat I have been meaning to try out, and that she LOVES).

Thank you so much Dallas and Nina. Zaire Loved Loved Loved her gifts.

This was so much fun, I can't wait to do it again. 🙂

Also a thank you to Andrew (And Shango, who we all know was the brains behind this idea). 😉

What a great way to get to know eachother.

• So glad that Ms. Zaire received her goodies & loved them! 🙂

I saw that shirt & just had to get it after reading your description of her being "a princess and likes girly things". LOL

The mailman toy is actually a different version of the lil buddy. Dallas got a lil buddy when he was only 3 months old & LOVED it. I finally had to pitch it last week actually when he left it outside & it rained. I plan on buying him a mailman one this week though!

And the treats have always been a favorite of his. He behaves pretty well for them so they get the job done 😉 Plus the box is big enough that she can share with her brother Charlie!

• Zahra received her goodies from Medjai last Friday I haven't had the opportunity to chat about them yet because I was away on business but she loves the little tennis balls and Chase loves the rubber toys which means in a short period of time Zahra will be stealing them away!

Thank you you Medjai and Michael for sharing your favorite toys!

This is so much fun!

• Tosca got her basenji buddy gift yesterday!!! Thank you so much Andrew and Shango for being so generous and thoughtful. Tosca LOVED her gifts, which were 3 wonderful stuffed toys to play with, a bag of Mini Naturals Treats, and a TON of specialty items and bully sticks from the dog bakery! The treats from the bakery are so cute…one looks just like an eclair! Tosca absolutely loves them, she is constantly trying to get up on the kitchen table and sneak a treat!

She loves the stuffed animals as well...she already managed to chew a hole in the monkey...but so far she's been ok with them, and of course we are playing right along with her to make sure they don't get destroyed too quickly!

Thanks for the nice letter as well, its nice to learn a little bit more about Shango and his daddy!

Here are some pictures of Tosca opening and playing with all the gifts...I tried to get an action shot of her throwing around the stuffed animals cause it was so darn cute...I did the best I could 🙂

Thank you again so much! You were very thoughtful, and this was SO much fun!!!
    attachment_p_53264_0_basenji1.jpg
    attachment_p_53264_1_basenji2.jpg
    attachment_p_53264_2_basenji3.jpg
    attachment_p_53264_3_basenji4.jpg
    attachment_p_53264_4_basenji5.jpg

• @Jylly18:

Tosca got her basenji buddy gift yesterday!!! Thank you so much Andrew and Shango for being so generous and thoughtful. Tosca LOVED her gifts, which were 3 wonderful stuffed toys to play with, a bag of Mini Naturals Treats, and a TON of specialty items and bully sticks from the dog bakery! The treats from the bakery are so cute…one looks just like an eclair! Tosca absolutely loves them, she is constantly trying to get up on the kitchen table and sneak a treat!

She loves the stuffed animals as well...she already managed to chew a hole in the monkey...but so far she's been ok with them, and of course we are playing right along with her to make sure they don't get destroyed too quickly!

Thanks for the nice letter as well, its nice to learn a little bit more about Shango and his daddy!

Here are some pictures of Tosca opening and playing with all the gifts...I tried to get an action shot of her throwing around the stuffed animals cause it was so darn cute...I did the best I could 🙂

Thank you again so much! You were very thoughtful, and this was SO much fun!!!

You're welcome! It's SO cool to see Tosca playing with the toys we picked out. Shango LOVES the cheetah toy so much so I knew we had to share it!

We had a blast too, glad Tosca likes the gifts!

• Beegin and Brady got our basenji buddy gift recently. Very sweet to send stick notes - I was running low.

The stuff bear is a big hit as you can see below!
    Sorry I guess I still can't figure out how to put pictures in here so they are in the attachments.

attachment_p_54154_0_oct-2008-beegin-and-brady-055-bf.jpg
    attachment_p_54154_1_oct-2008-beegin-and-brady-054-bf.jpg
    attachment_p_54154_2_oct-2008-beegin-and-brady-053-bf.jpg

• I'm glad they like the "baby". And I thought it would be a nice idea to send a few sticky notes for Beegin 😉
    To be honest, I did not dare to send any treats, as I am not sure, if the customs will allow that or if they would hold back the whole shipment.

I try to upload our pictures within the next days. My camera is on strike now. But the dogs loved the toys and treats, specially the peanut-butter cookies and of course the sock-snake, which is no longer alive due to massive wounds and losses of important parts 😉

Regards,
    Esther

• Finally, I managed to download the pictures from my camera.

Banshee was my helper unpacking the package. She really enjoyed it. And the others love to play with the orca toy (which already has lost its "fringes"), the ball is under the cupboard and the chewies have been chewed well. They really loved the peanutbutter-cookies and the snake of socks is torn to pieces.

They really had a lot of fun with all the things in the package. Thank you very much, Shannon!

Regards,
    Esther

attachment_p_54344_0_100_4966.jpg
    attachment_p_54344_1_100_4968.jpg
    attachment_p_54344_2_100_4969.jpg

• Esther,

I so glad everything got there okay and that your pack enjoyed everything. The orca toy insides don't last long at my house either:)

PS Your black and white b is beautiful! I'm in love with the reds but the other colors are growing on my too!

• pst, Shannon, all my b's are black and white 😉
    Gromit the half-breed Basenji is fula black and Vega the galgo has kind of a cinnamon colour.

Yes, they really love to throw the snake of socks around and the orca toy even managed to be thrown out of the window already…. they have fun.

Regards,
    Esther

• I am curious what are the snake socks?

Suggested Topics