• Sounds like she'll develop into a typcial basenji (taking over the couch; stealing treats). Just keep the TP, kleenix, paper towels, and ear swabs hidden or way out of reach!

• If you give me your friends e-mail, I will sent them how to bond with a new basenji.

• I've been in this lady's situation. The law threatening to take your dogs, because of some new dog ordinance.

I can foster all the B's; evaluate them and report which ones can/could be adopted etc… however, I would need help w/getting the dogs spayed, neutered. I'm on a very limited income.

So I'm willing to Foster these Basenjis, provided they get a ride and vaccinated prior to coming to KY. I need to keep my own dogs safe first, as they are my number one concern. I have kennels that they can be in, and I have the time to work w/them to see if any of them are adoptable or not.

Just keep me posted….

Cathy

Thank God, Dad is in Heaven and can't come and visit and count the number of doggies.

In Loving Memory 😞
    Charles A. Combs
    Jan. 6, 1929 - July 13, 2008

• @lvoss:

Though I agree Harley should not have been bred, an umbilical hernia is not reason not to breed. Many basenjis have umbilical hernias, as long as they are closed and just trapped fat, there is no problem with them.

When was Harley in season? Many shelters do spays on girls that are early in a suspected pregnancy to prevent more puppies from being born. It is a tough decision but make sure that the new owner also considers that you don't have any health testing results like Fanconi test results and could produce puppies that will have the disease. Also pregnancy will put a lot of stress on her body so if she is not in good condition then the pregnancy will exacerbate some conditions.

I am with Ivoss on this one. The possibly of passing on health issues in new puppies is not really fair to the puppies or any potential pet owners(thank you Tanza for helping me see the light).

Although its not for me to decide, given the current facts presented, my personal feelings are that Harley has probably been though enough.

Jason

• Well put Jason!…. I am sure that she has... and sounds like she has found a temp home and is doing really well!!!

Suggested Topics