*You* may have won an all expense paid trip

• Oh, and while I was trying to wrap my head around actually seeing him in the next couple of days, I was doodling around on the forums looking for adjustment stories and reread Miles' and Lexi's story - great inspiration! I'm hoping for as wonderful an outcome!

• Catt, e-mail me privately, and I will give you some tips for the introducation of these 2…
    brescue@wavecable.com

• Awwwwwww!! That is so great! I'm so glad we could inspire others to seek out pound puppies to rescue!! Miles was in such awful conditions. And his health was so bad off! He's come so far… almost too far- I think he needs to go on a diet soon. 😉 heheheh.... I can't wait to hear more from you all! Your adventure is just beginning!

• That is really great! Please post some photos!

• How exciting! I hope everything works out between Fiji and Donko/Bongo!!

• I'm so excited for you! You need to sit down and talk to Fiji about her getting a new brother. Tell her all the good points. (I find this step to be more important with the girls than the boys.) So yea, I agree with your hubby.

• Bongo is home! (Bongo just seems to trip off the tongue better than Donko and I can't imagine in what tone of voice this poor guy used to hear Donko)

He is skin and bones, but much recovered from kennel cough, though we'll do the rest of the antibiotics, unless my vet says different.

He and Fiji had a great time in neutral territory last night when he arrived. Basenji 500 and lots of play. Once we got home, we've had some play, some seperate corner time and some tasmanian-devil type snarling. Fiji baroos at him more than she does at us. He seems a bit confused - poor guys been in 4 homes in a month - but very sweet and affectionate.

Looks like he's house trained, sort of. To him, that means pooing outside on the deck- I'm guessing he has been mostly an outside dog - rather than on our walks but I'm sure he'll learn.

Walking two dogs - I'm sure I'll learn :o We've gotten a bit tangled but we get where we're going. Off for another long one now. I've taken some pix but have not had a free hand to get on the computer til now - maybe I can post tonight.

Thanks for all the support from the forums as we've gotten him here!

• I am so glad to hear everything is starting off well for you Catt. Isn't walking 2 at a time fun (cough) 😃
    Can't wait to see pictures when you get a chance. Again congrats on getting this boyu into your home….what fun you are in store for with two of them. 🙂

• Catt, I know your feeding him a premium food.
    I would give him a noonish feeding to help put weight on him.
    3 times a day rather than 2.
    Good treats as well.
    Hugs for taking him in.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Catt, I know your feeding him a premium food.
    I would give him a noonish feeding to help put weight on him.
    3 times a day rather than 2.
    Good treats as well.
    Hugs for taking him in.

I agree, feeding Zoe 3 times a day instead of 2 is doing wonders with her. She literally eats about 1/2 lbs each time!

~Andrea

• So glad to hear that he is transitioning well! I cannot wait to see some photos! 🙂

• How great for Bongo!!!! and great name!!!! and don't you just love the tasmanian-devil noises…. I always tell people "just wait till you have more then one..." you will not believe the noises they can make

• I'm so excited for you and also can't wait for the photos. There will soon come a day when you (and they) won't be able to imagine having only basenji around.

Pat

• There is a special place for you in heaven. Bless you, Bongo, and the rest of your family. Just thinking of Bongo's first real feelings of joy, unlimited kibble, and constant companionship brings tears to my eyes.

Doing the b500 on the first day, how wonderful!!

Safe. He must feel safe now. What a great feeling, for him and you:)

Suggested Topics