Skip to content

Is my dog a Basenji? Can you help me figure it out?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 4 Votes
    29 Posts
    11k Views
    RugosaR
    My Rosa wrote the "How To Be a Basenji DIVA" manuscript - as many rules there were, it was so worthy of a 'script' at the end! She, and all her offspring, had spring and fall heats, but I only bred her once in the spring. That produced one puppy, my Captain. She always ruled over her pups, except when Captain came along - she did what HE said when he was about 2 weeks old!
  • Help with my Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    eeeefarmE
    Glad to hear things have improved. If it was a partial blockage perhaps it has resolved, but I agree that a vet check would be a very good idea just to be safe.
  • Help identify if my dog Ely has Basenji heritage.

    Moved Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    A
    Looks more like a husky pit to me.
  • Basenji + ? other dog breeds ?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    G
    My mix is just a little shorter, and there's a similar thread going on here right now. As I say in that one, only DNA can tell you. https://basenjiforums.com/topic/14838/i-know-you-are-tired-of-being-asked/5 -Joanne
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    dconquestD
    I live in N.J. U.S.A. & I adopted my male (5 yr. old ) male basenji for $75.00 from a shelter. You can always try there.. much more affordable
  • This Basenji can Sing!!!

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    VanessaV
    When I played the video in my office at home my cat wouldn't stop meowing! Does that mean im going to be looking forward to a basenji singing and a cat as well???!!!!!! :D