Skip to content

Basenji + ? other dog breeds ?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Other breeds similar to Basenjis?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    12k Views
    elbrantE
    I can't listen to that, it would wake my girl up and well... I'm not into a "sing along" just now. ;) I will say that many canines howl and yodel and bay (at the moon, whenever a fire truck passes, etc.). I'm not certain that any one breed is distinctive enough to have a sound all their own, but many a proud owner would probably assert so.
  • Is my dog a Basenji mix?

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    10k Views
    ZandeZ
    @eeeefarm said in Is my dog a Basenji mix?: Genetics is such an interesting subject! And the most understandable book on the subject is Mary Lou Kenworthy's ! Recommended to everyone if it is still available.
  • Basenji + ? other dog breeds ?

    Moved Basenji Talk
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    18k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @mvdperez We run the air all the time, keeping it under 70. It's cooling off some so he's fine. She is under the covers because we keep it cold. He goes out early morning, quick midday, then longer in the evening. We keep his coat stripped down. I have no idea if it will get cold enough to get a winter coat. It's not generally COLD here.
  • Is my dog a basenji? Too big?

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    In the video, I do see a lot of basenji traits, but who know... some mixes look like nothing they are really related to. Some basenjis, espec mixes, can be quite large.
  • Breed all about it basenji

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Basenji and Larger Dogs

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    19k Views
    Robin_n_JackR
    You know- I hadn't thought about it, but there is a new standard poodle in our complex that everytime Jack sees him he goes crazy- hackles raised, growling, baring teeth. That is the only big dog he has ever had an issue with. I think it might be because the owner doesn't pick up the poop like she is supposed to, so maybe he catches on to the fact that I'm not really their biggest fan.