• Ha ha that is to funny! The mental image of that will have me laughing the rest of the day. Great story.

• OMG that is hilarious, I think if I had been eating cereal just reading this would have had cereal coming out my nose

I was really laughing on this one

Poor Charlie must have thought it was a banshee from the old country coming to take him away

• This is hilarious, Kiya was Chances boss from the get go.

• Let me set the scene for you all. I decided that after all the stress with getting Zaire’s DNA submission the kids and I would go out camping. So off we went to the Oregon coast. It was a beautiful day, and a great night to be in a tent.

Now after many years of camping I have learned to fend off the sun for about an hour after it comes up, I simply place a towel or blanket over my head. Since I have had Charlie I use a blanket while camping anyway so I don’t end up fighting an angry terrier all night who just wants into my sleeping bag. Charlie loves nothing better than sleeping in, and so has been great while camping about letting me cover him and myself back up first thing in the morning.

5:30am: The sun is just creeping through the trees, the scent of ocean in the air, the birds chirping. I roll over and throw the blanket over my head and snuggle down next to the dogs.

5:35am:
    SQWEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

BAROOOOOOOO!!!!!

OUCH!!!!! WHAT WAS THAT!

That’s right in a flash (or approximately 5 minutes after I had passed back out) Zaire decided it WAS time to wake up. Of course Charlie had something to say about that. So here I am in a public camp ground at some un-holy time in the morning, two dogs going at it, trying my best to calm them down and not cuss at the top of my lungs for having my face trampled by multiple feet (Thank the maker I had clipped their nails the morning before).

SHHHHHHH QUIET…OUCH Charlie don’t step on me…….Ouch Zaire no no little girl no biting. No Charlie no yelling, it’s ok be a good boy…….Zaire you are going to wake up the whole park, shhhhh sweetie.

Silence

dogs now laying down together

So was it my great calming skills, my relaxed personality, or the love my dogs have for me that quieted them down?

You all own Basenjis…You know the answer.

OF COURSE I DIDN’T

So what caused the sudden ceasefire you ask?

Zaire was screaming at Charlie and suddenly coughed…AND SPIT A TOOTH OUT AT HIM.

I almost died laughing. Charlie just froze, laid down, and started licking her muzzle.

I guess sometimes teething is a good thing, I just never know it was also a weapon. :p

• That is hysterical! Charlie must think Zaire is one tough little girl, spitting teeth at 5 in the morning. I envy you having the Oregon coast to camp on with your dogs.

Anne in Tampa…camping with snakes and gators just isn't going to happen here!

• Ohhhhhh, so funny! The mental pictures that I am getting! hahahahaahaa

• @MacPack:

That is hysterical! Charlie must think Zaire is one tough little girl, spitting teeth at 5 in the morning. I envy you having the Oregon coast to camp on with your dogs.

Anne in Tampa…camping with snakes and gators just isn't going to happen here!

Yea I wouldn't be too keen on camping in the Florida swamps. 🙂
    I love that I have the Oregon and Washington wilderness to camp in. Though I do have a very good friend from New Zealand who will not camp with me when he is visiting for fear of being eaten by a bear.
    😃

• Brilliant story telling… i'm sure the ppl next door are wondering what's wrong with me. 🙂

She sounds like a real hand full. 🙂

• @Schouiffy:

She sounds like a real hand full. 🙂

Oh she is….but I wouldn't have it any other way. 😃

• Where in Or did you go?
    I take my 2 b's down to Cannon Beach on the Or coast.
    I go in the off season, you can get 2 rooms for the price of one…and most places like dogs.
    My 2 b's. love it...
    But its the only time they get a bath, I only let them off leash in the early am before anyone with another dog is out there...
    BUT, of course, the dead smelly "things" are on the beach 24/7.
    Guess its worth it, as we take our doggie shampoo down every year!

Suggested Topics