Ruff Wears New 2008 Harness Pics

• @MacPack:

Is it supposed to be used with a seatbelt in a car?

That is one reason I got it…. however it's not specifically designed for that.
    The handle is for lifting purposes.

@MacPack:

It is really neat looking, but looks like a lot of harness just for walking and too much to wear around the house, (mine are nudists at home) so piques my curiosity as to the many purposes it might have?

I agree…... We just use a collar for walks(and sometimes a backpack). He's wearing it in the house simply because I wanted to get some descent picture. As you can tell by the expression on his face the complexity/bulkiness of it speaks nothing for the comfort.
    The two main jobs for the harness are seatbelt and bike rides. We have a leash law here that seems to be broken more then not. So sometimes he will get charged....... being one to flight and not fight sometimes we come to abrupt stops on the bicycle. So I chose this harness because
    1 It was originally made for rescue dogs. Rescue dogs have to be lifted into hellicopters, over huge logs, etc. so the weight distribution of this harness had to be and is second to none.
    2 First hand.... I've seen my dog escape a run of the mill harness. Along with the overall design the strap behind his ribcage keeps that from happening. Making it bulkier but actually safer If we have to come to a sudden hault. The third strap also plays a part in distributing the pull force. Injury Free Emergency Stops!! YESssssssssss

• @Chelbell26:

Cool harness…it almost looks like he's ready to go skydiving or something (with how fancy the harness is 🙂 LOL

haha…. don't give me any ideas +}

• It looks like the seatbelt goes through the handle loop on the back??
    This is where I had problems with EL D with another brand getting tangled up.

• @wizard:

It looks like the seatbelt goes through the handle loop on the back??
    This is where I had problems with EL D with another brand getting tangled up.

For this one I'll need to get seatbelt adapter to attach to the harness and the seatbelt will go through the adapter that is attached to the harness not the harness itself(i.e. the thing attached to the harness in this picture…...http://www.roofrackshop.co.uk/images/safety-harness.jpg

Hopefully this will give him sufficient amount of room to readjust his sitting postion and not get tangled.

• It IS a very cool looking harness! Can you envision the startled B who is lifted straight up into the air! Ha! Good to remove from the middle of fights…but not really what you want to think about happening you your walks 😞

• What is the price of this harness? It looks very nice!

• Is it easy to put on? It looks like there are three snaps (buckles?). Does it go over the head? What about size? What size did you get your pup? It looks like it gives room for good adjustments around the waist.

I would probably use it for a seat harness but I'm wondering if it's hard to get on and off them. Usually when I have Talker strapped in with his harness, when I take him out of car, I put his regular walking leash on. He steps out of harness pretty easily. He has the one that has the fake fur around the straps and I'm always wondering if that's too hot.

Is the one that you have light weight? breathable mesh?

Very interested in your responses. Thanks for sharing.

Laura

• @Jylly18:

What is the price of this harness? It looks very nice!

The size I purchased(XS) was $49 + Shipping = around $55 total.
    I think every size is the same price however.

To Laura

Ill post a detailed reply later today as I'm about to leave for work now…. check back around 7 tonight.

• Thanks! I'll check back for your response.

Oh and how much does your dog weigh? I have Talker who is almost 30 lbs. and Savannah who is 22 lbs.

Sometimes these harnesses seem like they're built for bigger dogs; especially this one. Thanks!

• First of all sorry for the belated post(busy day)…..
    He weighs 25-28lbs
    They make 'em to fit even smaller then Decker.....
    I have an XS go to this link to look at their sizes.
    http://www.ruffwear.com/Web-Master-Harness?sc=2&category=24

@basenjibratz:

Is it easy to put on? It looks like there are three snaps (buckles?). Does it go over the head? What about size? What size did you get your pup? It looks like it gives room for good adjustments around the waist.

1 After the initial adjustments are made it's a breeze to put on…....
    2 Two buckles.... look below
    3 There are 5 adjustment points makeing for a secure, snug fit.
    @basenjibratz:

I would probably use it for a seat harness but I'm wondering if it's hard to get on and off them.

Taking the harness off…....

@basenjibratz:

Is the one that you have light weight? breathable mesh?

So light I was concerned the package was empty when the UPS dude handed it my way. :()

Not Mesh but still breathable….. we've been on several bike rides and he seems to start panting at the same point he did when not wearing it. Hence, no signs of over heating.

• Thank you for the detail pictures. Excellent. I guess I would also get a XS for Talker and a XXS for Savannah. This really appears to be a nice alternative for the car. Thank you again!

• Thank you for the detail pictures. Excellent. I guess I would also get a XS for Talker and a XXS for Savannah. This really appears to be a nice alternative for the car. Thank you again!

Suggested Topics