Anyone know this breeder?

• JazzysMom, are you sure BRAT will accept him? (Admittedly, I don't know how that process works.) Or are you willing to foster him 'til you find a home for him? Or give him a forever home yourself? (Sorry if I missed how this all was going to work.)

I, too, would be willing to kick in $50.

Kudos to you, JazzysMom!

• Yeah, we just need to get on the ball with this. I know everyone involved is trying their best. Looks like with gbroxyn and others who are willing to pitch in, we're closer to $300. If not, I'd be happy to make up the difference once we're all settled if $300 makes the difference to the seller. I hope the dog is okay…

We just need to finalize the method behind our madness. 🙂 AKA, love for our elite breed! 😉

• @gbroxon:

JazzysMom, are you sure BRAT will accept him? (Admittedly, I don't know how that process works.) Or are you willing to foster him 'til you find a home for him? Or give him a forever home yourself? (Sorry if I missed how this all was going to work.)

I, too, would be willing to kick in $50.

Kudos to you, JazzysMom!

Pretty sure – Sharron has already spoken to the owner, but the owner wants t recoup some of the money they spent buying him.

Doesn't BRAT pretty much take any B that is turned over to them?

• Okay, I talked to the woman this morning and she is willing to take $300, but no less.

So…. next step?

• @JazzysMom:

Okay, I talked to the woman this morning and she is willing to take $300, but no less.

So…. next step?

Again, IMO… I would wait it out.... obviously she has no takers to this point. Sad to do, but by paying for this pup, you are supporting her/his behavior of trying to sell the dog

• @tanza:

Again, IMO… I would wait it out.... obviously she has no takers to this point. Sad to do, but by paying for this pup, you are supporting her/his behavior of trying to sell the dog

Well, I don't object to her trying to sell him – her family is breaking up, she doesn't know where she is going to live, she needs to recoup some of the money...... I can see that. The pet store isn't taking him back.

I'd rather do it this way, than to risk her selling him to a bad home.

I think......😕

• i am ready to send a check or transfter via paypal… just let me know. we should probably start an off-forum conversation about this... for privacy reasons.

• @JazzysMom:

Well, I don't object to her trying to sell him – her family is breaking up, she doesn't know where she is going to live, she needs to recoup some of the money...... I can see that. The pet store isn't taking him back.

I'd rather do it this way, than to risk her selling him to a bad home.

I think......😕

I understand where you are coming from JM. But honestly, there is no way anybody is going to give her $700, IMO.

And, no BRAT won't accept a dog that has bitten humans (at least that is what I have been told repeatedly). So make SURE that you check him out before you pay her.

• I adopted Tucker from BRAT and was told he was aggressive and that he bit a child. It was right in BRAT's description of him.

I'm ready to pony up myself. Who's in charge here? 😉

• Wait…this dog bite a human??? Did I miss something?

• Noone knows about the dog we're trying to buy and pass along to BRAT. Quercus just said we should check the dog out becuase she's not sure BRAT takes biters. I think they do since they let me adopt one, but maybe things have changed. I dunno.

If your question was directed at me, YES, Tucker has bitten plenty of people (who deserved it)…

• @Quercus:

I understand where you are coming from JM. But honestly, there is no way anybody is going to give her $700, IMO.

And, no BRAT won't accept a dog that has bitten humans (at least that is what I have been told repeatedly). So make SURE that you check him out before you pay her.

They are only asking $400 in the original ad.

and I wouldn't pick him up w/out visiting first. From what she says – and I do realize she's trying to re-home him -- he's very friendly,w/kids etc

• @TuckerVA:

I adopted Tucker from BRAT and was told he was aggressive and that he bit a child. It was right in BRAT's description of him.

I think if you go to paypal.com, you only need my email address to make a payment via credit card to my account - if you want to do it that way. Then I can transfer the money, I think, to my checking and go from there.

You can email me at adakgirl@gmail.com –that is the address I use for more "public" communication -- I will send you my private email address, through which I use paypal.

BEFORE anyone does ANYTHING, we need to be sure that everyone is on-board with it, AND let me hear back from Sharron to make sure she has the foster home lined up. She said they had one, but I want to double-check before I wind up w/a third dog here:eek: Dh would NEVER go for that!!!

• I'm emailing you now. And, yes, I'm on board.

• same here. i'm on board, and just emailed you.

• I'm on board as well. Let me know the paypal address…or I will email you actually.

• @TuckerVA:

I adopted Tucker from BRAT and was told he was aggressive and that he bit a child. It was right in BRAT's description of him.

Interesting….I was told they wouldn't. Hmmm....

• I'm stilll up for my share. I'm getting ready to send you an email to the address shown above to verify.

Pat

• @Quercus:

Interesting….I was told they wouldn't. Hmmm....

Me too Andrea.. and I know people that have been turned away with Basenjis that are a bite risk…. guess it depends...???

• @tanza:

Me too Andrea.. and I know people that have been turned away with Basenjis that are a bite risk…. guess it depends...???

yeah, I am thinking it depends a lot on the contact person. But from what I have discussed with folks from other all breed rescue groups, there is a HUGE liability for a group who knowingly adopts out a dog that has bitten people before.

Suggested Topics