Skip to content

Kiya and Chance…day 1

Basenji Talk
  • Cute pic, glad things started to settle down today, I'm sure it'll get better

  • How cute… it does take adjustment... however remember those "nasty" noise don't stop.. that is Basenjis "speak"

  • Awwww cute photo! I'm glad to hear things are going better today! Keep the pictures coming!!! :)

  • I am just happy that now we "finally" have a baroo'n Basenji. I've never gotten to actually hear a Basenji baroo (only on YouTube) I just love it when Kiya gets all excited and a little roo comes out. It brings a tear to your eye cuz its just so darn cute!!!
    She is just a sweetie. I have to admit….this past year with everyone trying to get us to get another B, well.....you are all right....2 are far better than just 1!!!!!!!! But this is it.....we just don't have the room for 3 ;)

  • @Vanessa:

    I am just happy that now we "finally" have a baroo'n Basenji. I've never gotten to actually hear a Basenji baroo (only on YouTube) I just love it when Kiya gets all excited and a little roo comes out. It brings a tear to your eye cuz its just so darn cute!!!
    She is just a sweetie. I have to admit….this past year with everyone trying to get us to get another B, well.....you are all right....2 are far better than just 1!!!!!!!! But this is it.....we just don't have the room for 3 ;)

    I'm happy that it is working out great and that you "finally" have a singer. :D :D :) Maybe Kiya will get Chance to use his voice…

    One thing I did with Ruby to encourage the use of her voice is a reward everytime she sings. The best one I've been able to train her to do...I have her so I can say "tell me" while I'm holding her dinner...she baroos, runs into her crate, and then she gets dinner.

    BTW, I'm noting the date and time of your comment "we just don't have the room for 3"...maybe famous last words :D :D :D.

  • @Vanessa:

    I am just happy that now we "finally" have a baroo'n Basenji. I've never gotten to actually hear a Basenji baroo (only on YouTube) I just love it when Kiya gets all excited and a little roo comes out. It brings a tear to your eye cuz its just so darn cute!!!
    She is just a sweetie. I have to admit….this past year with everyone trying to get us to get another B, well.....you are all right....2 are far better than just 1!!!!!!!! But this is it.....we just don't have the room for 3 ;)

    Hmmm, I can remember many of us saying that…..;)

  • Kudos on your new addition.
    You will be surprised how much joy you and your b gets from this new dog.

  • Yay! Great news…I wish I had a baroooo-er too. Pictures? Did I miss them?

  • Congratulations on your addition. More pictures please.

Suggested Topics

  • A chance meeting…........

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Helena, yes we are going to keep in touch, i have sent them a link to Sally's site. They couldn't find the paperwork for the dogs but one of the dogs came from a wing commander ? and they remember the name Horsley, another dog came from Liverpool. They belonged to the nbs in the 70's.
  • Two days until flight

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    As a reference when we brought C-Me, Franie, and Trip home… that was three baby puppies (9 and 11 weeks) that we had to take out of their carrier, ggggg... and it was exciting to say the lest. But we did just fine!!! I do remember one time that when I was flying from NY to SFO, there was a person with a cat in a carrier that was not concerned at all that the cat was going to go through the xray... I did tell her that she needed to remove the cat, her response was "why"... my answer.. "and would you go through that?"
  • A day of firsts…

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    Fran, are you sure she wasn't a Basenji in disguise!!!!!
  • Rainy Day Issues

    Basenji Talk
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    17k Views
    K
    Kip doesn't mind the rain at all, he loves the snow! too bad I live in england he might not see it again :( any way back on topic… Kip doesn't like the bath (well no surprise there I don't know a dog that does like the bath) but he loves going and swimming in the pond at the park and he doesn't seem to mind the rain at all
  • Was your B absent the day

    Basenji Talk
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    9k Views
    youngandtiredY
    I found this neat brush from Wal-Mart that runs by battery, and it is suppose to do the trick. It was once advertised on TV, suppose to remove the dandar and its a snap to clean. Sahara is shedding alot these days, I didn't have a battery so I couldn't try it out. Will let you know tomorrow.
  • Day sleeper

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    jessi76J
    I just think that he's settling into your schedule. Dogs are creatures of routine. You may want to teach a "settle down" command for the weekend evenings, and of course, really tire him out during the day on the weekends. a really wiped out dog isn't going to want to play all night.