Skip to content

Thinking of adoption

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Potential Adoption

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    F
    How long have you been in this house? Have you tried setting up a place to sleep and hang out downstairs to see if he eventually becomes growly even on the first floor? All electrolytes, including IONIZED CALCIUM are within normal range?
  • Just adopted a basenji

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    8k Views
    S
    Yes, photos please.
  • Thinking about adding to the family

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    9k Views
    renaultf1R
    @Kingsley1230: Thanks for all the input guys! I will definitely get Lilu trained before I bring in a new B. But in the mean time I will be looking for a place to adopt an adult B, I heard eldorado is great. Is this correct? I have 2 Eldorado basenjis and also their male that they imported from Finland. 2 I adopted as adult show dogs retirees. I couldn't be happier with my basenjis. They have wonderful termperaments and Eldorado is big on health testing. The sisters are super helpful and always willing to answer my silly questions. :D
  • I think I have a Basenji!

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    16k Views
    J
    Thanks for all your help! As I mentioned previously, it was the trainer that said there may be some basenji in this dog. We had never heard of basenjis, so it's been interesting to learn more about them, whether or not she has any in her. Thanks again for your input!
  • I think I broke my Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    12k Views
    moetmumM
    Jason you can come and break my B's anytime, I think its amost impossible!! We can walk miles and miles with no sign of tiredness but when we get home they crash, its bliss!
  • Thinking about getting a basenji…

    Basenji Talk
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    34k Views
    tanzaT
    @JazzysMom: Well, it's a good thing we went straight to a breeder! I'd considered BRAT, but decided to get a puppy instead. Good thing, because with six kids at home and lots of other kids in and out, we'd have never gotten a dog! Sad isn't it….