• @JazzysMom:

Okay, we're home. Keoki sailed through – as you all said he would! -- and we are trying to figure out how the heck to keep him down. He is acting as if nothing happened. Jumping up, running, etc.
    I can't crate him because he still wigs out in there.

Any ideas? Or how important is it, really, that he remain calm?

Personally, I don't think it is that vital. It is more important after a spay, obviously. But I definitely wouldn't crate him…he would be more likely to hurt himself in that situation. I doubt he will push it if he starts to have a little pain. Is he glued?

• @Quercus:

Personally, I don't think it is that vital. It is more important after a spay, obviously. But I definitely wouldn't crate him…he would be more likely to hurt himself in that situation. I doubt he will push it if he starts to have a little pain. Is he glued?

I totally agree with Andrea… I would not worry too much about it... just keep an eye on him... and while they are pretty silly, doubt he will really do something if it starts to hurt. Did they give him pain meds?

• His sutures are internal, so there's nothing to chew. He is leaving the site completely alone.

We did get Rimadyl – 25 mg tablets - but I haven't given him one yet. They are for pain and inflammation, so I thought I'd give him one tonight before bed to help prevent any swelling.

• @JazzysMom:

His sutures are internal, so there's nothing to chew. He is leaving the site completely alone.

We did get Rimadyl – 25 mg tablets - but I haven't given him one yet. They are for pain and inflammation, so I thought I'd give him one tonight before bed to help prevent any swelling.

I doubt there will be much swelling… and I would not use the Rimadyl unless you really need to.... of course I am not a fan of Rimadyl

• Glad to hear he's back and doing fine. Be sure to give us a status report today…

• @tanza:

I doubt there will be much swelling… and I would not use the Rimadyl unless you really need to.... of course I am not a fan of Rimadyl

The site looks good this morning. I did give him a Rimadyl last night, since I wanted him to sleep well and not bother the site.
    I think now that may have been a mistake.

Maybe a little pain would be a good thing. He's behaving perfectly normally, actually a little more nutsy, I think, after being contained all day yesterday.
    I hope he knows what he's doing…....:)

Suggested Topics