• kids and birth process - my yelled and ran out of the room and were horrified at the obvious discomfort of there darling girl - there only piece of enlightenmet was:

"look she slimed one" and one of my kids telling the teacher "I can use the word bitch because we raise show dogs".

• "So my kids can watch the birth process" is one of the most over used phrases by people who breed random dogs and cats for no real reason.
    More low quality animals are produced for that reason than any other, I'd wager.

• Well, that and the desire to essentially "clone" a beloved family pet, which never actually works out that way.
    Then you have people getting irritated because the dog doesn't behave like "Princess" did.

Until my Basenjis, every dog I've ever owned has been a rescue of sort sort or another. No matter how fabulous a pet they were, they were ALWAYS spayed/neutered, enjoyed and thoroughly missed when they died.
    I never would have dreamed of breeding them.

Of course, I don't dream of breeding my Basenjis either – and they are both magnificent animals!!!!

• My all breed dog rescue club has a letter, a bit long, about why NOT to breed.
    Its sent to someone like the person who started this post.
    I will share it with you all if your interested, or you can post to me privately.

• Sharron, please post it. I think it would be a good thing for all to see…

• Also, a site for sharing with the family who want to show the children the joy of birth!

One of the greatest things I found to drive the point home was a link I
    originally saw on the Afrikenji website:

http://www.learntobreed.com/miracle.html

and
    My friend sent this to me. It is way too good to not share! Please take
    a look at it, why NOT to place an intact dog!
    http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding/breeder2.html
    and
    Should I Breed My Dog?

• Of course this is directed at the folks who just want to put 2 dogs together.
    In no way would I ever do anything but praise the responsible basenji breeders who work so hard for health testing.
    This is not an way anti responsible breeders.
    Just want to get that point down.

• Oh shoot! I missed the nasty post in response to my post! I am sorry Lisa that this ugly troll hit a sensitive memory with you. And, of course, I am still sorry for the loss of your little guy.

Folks, for those that don't already know….there are groups of idiots out there that "troll" message boards, and try to get as many irrate repsonses as they can. They actually compete to see who can get the most people upset, or the people most upset. When you call them out, and refuse to rise to the bait, they usually go away.

• @JazzysMom:

"So my kids can watch the birth process" is one of the most over used phrases by people who breed random dogs and cats for no real reason.
    More low quality animals are produced for that reason than any other, I'd wager.

And what's the most often phrase for breeding low quality folks like yourself? "I was drunk.":eek:

• Hey Roxy, could you send your nasty post to me? I would looooove to see it.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Also, a site for sharing with the family who want to show the children the joy of birth!

One of the greatest things I found to drive the point home was a link I
    originally saw on the Afrikenji website:

http://www.learntobreed.com/miracle.html

and
    My friend sent this to me. It is way too good to not share! Please take
    a look at it, why NOT to place an intact dog!
    http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding/breeder2.html
    and
    Should I Breed My Dog?

The first one was really interesting, but the second one…OMG, and I thought I had read horror stories before...what an eye opener :eek: :eek: especially the one about the mother eating the puppies. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting those links!

• @Roxy:

And what's the most often phrase for breeding low quality folks like yourself? "I was drunk.":eek:

nice punchline. This thread is out of hand.

Suggested Topics