I live in Colorado, and would love to add a little boy to the family. Please let me know of good reputable breeder near me or surrounding states. Emu came from a wonderful woman in Indiana but lost contact with her sadly.
@yahtzee92 Just make sure you see Mom with the pups if at all possible and you definitely see the health certificates of both parents. OFA website is public domain - anyone can research on it.
Tanza is right. Any puppy farmer can pay the BCOA and get listed. It doesn't mean there is any BCOA recommendation or guarantee.
I think Tanza is spot on. Not sure where you are, but the Basenji Nationals are in Tucson in November. Assuming it's possible, I can't think of a better way to find a good breeder than to attend.
The Basenji Meetup in New York City has a list of breeders who provided dogs to members. You can find it at: http://www.meetup.com/basenji-nyc/pages/Breeders/.
Yes, I am considering :) I already filled out the forms for basenjirescue.org
After talking with my family, we're willing to take a rescue pup from from last winter, hopefully I'l get a reply soon.