Skip to content

Nexa's getting a playmate!!!

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • I have ''issues'' with my basenji, can you help ?

    Basenji Talk
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    28k Views
    YodelMaY
    Ladybasenji, where are you in Quebec? Montreal? We have a place in Gatineau (Aylmer sector) and one of my dogs might even be related to yours. You're experiences with your girl remind me so much of my first basenji, about 20 years ago–it gets easier, I swear! Let me know if you'd like help with Lady--they're nothing like labs and will never be "obedient" but there are tricks for training them : D
  • It's been a long time since I've been here.

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    D
    I have not been on for about a month and am trying to catch up reading all the posts I have missed! Jennifer
  • Getting a new pal for my B's!!

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    nobarkusN
    There's one that comes to our dog park named Rocket and he's very fast and focused on retrieving. I have yet to see him play with the other dogs. He's never mean or anything just not interested in play.
  • Daddy.. what's she doing..?

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    M
    @snorky998: You guys got me laughing as I picture "Elaine" from the 'Friends' TV series when she thinks she's the great dancer, and she really appears to be in some sort of zen spaz attack.:D I think you are thinking of Elaine from Seinfeld…. but that is exactly what I was thinking of
  • How Big will My Basenji's Neck get?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    lvossL
    I use 1 inch collars by Bison, the 10-16" size works well for all my dogs. I went with the Bison collars because they are the only quick release buckle collar that has been rugged enough for my basenjis. Bison started out as a climbing company so their materials had to be rugged enough for climbers, that quality has also been present in the collars that I have gotten from them. For martingales and slip leads, I buy from All Hounds Apparel, http://www.allhoundsaparrel.com. She does several different widths. I like at least 1 inch for my dogs for any walking collar and prefer the widest I can get for coursing slip leads.
  • Stormie's 1st dinner at his "Gramma's" house

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    L
    There's no animal so resourceful as a hungry basenji. They were slighted you know for centuries being last in line at the cooking pot.