• 😞 SO I went in for my NST yesterday, I was Due September 14th, so I'm over due. After the NST (no one tells me anything) One of the OB's come and and check my Cervix and tells me I'm 3cm and my membrane is bulging, so she says shes going to go get the other OB so he can have a look, he comes in and, checks me and says, Oh nope, you're High thick and closed!!:eek: UMM thats kind of a big difference!!! I'm a little TERRIFIED about my Ob's now… So he PATS MY HEAD and tells me I'm a good sport and tells the other Ob to have another look and i just lay there in PAIN 😞 . So he leaves (after he pats my head again, at this point I'm spitting Fire!!) and doesn't say anything to me, and the first Ob tells me i need to set up an induction date. I wait in the waiting room for an extra HOUR and someone comes and tells me "oh you're still here??!! we didn't know..." :mad: So i leave and tell them to call me when they get it TOGETHER!! Someone calls me later that night and tells me Saturday at 9am, I get Prostaglandin Gel...and if that doesn't work, Monday i get a full induction. I don't know if any of you have experience with Prostaglandin Gel , but if you do, id love to hear what its all about!! Ive done my own research bc of course my Ob told me nothing...😕 My dh and i are SOOO frustrated!! grrr, and poor Capt. Jack has been outside and awful lot because i keep having to go into the Dr office...:( . Sorry, i had to vent!! its too much for me, lol....and opinions or advise would be great!! THANKS

Kira

• How funny – I was thinking last night of writing to you via myspace becaues I was SURE you were supposed to have a baby by now!

Well, crap. {Doctors can be such asses sometimes}

I've heard not-great stories about induction -- on the other hand, I was supposed to be induced with my second child, but he had the decency to be born on the very morning I was scheduled. So, there's always hope!

Keep us posted! I love new baby stories!

• I had gel induction. I will write the details to you privately. In a nutshell, it worked for me.

• Thanks so much guys!! lol…i was a little worried, but i have high hopes for Saturday, praying Mondays induction wont be needed!! lol!! Thanks so much!! Ill keep ya posted!!

• I thought the next posting from you was going to be that the baby had arrived!
    First of all, ((Hugs)) to you for having to go through that. I had an induction with my son (my second child) and all was fine.
    I'm sending out <good vibes="">for the baby to come on its own before Monday!
    Keep us posted.</good>

• Let me guess, must be Navy doctor's right? You must be Tri-Care Prime. Sorry, this is my opinion only but I feel like the customer service goes out the door at the Navy hospital. I am prior military so I have 9 years active and 2 years of the reserve to form my negative opinon about them. Now as a dependent it is still the same thing but I can always drop Tri-Care Prime and go Standard.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, I am sure everything is going to be fine. 🙂 Can't wait to see baby pictures!

• @nala121498:

I thought the next posting from you was going to be that the baby had arrived!
    First of all, ((Hugs)) to you for having to go through that. I had an induction with my son (my second child) and all was fine.
    I'm sending out <good vibes="">for the baby to come on its own before Monday!
    Keep us posted.</good>

Ditto! Your tiny precious bundle will make all this disappear. I sense that you are more than ready. Best wishes and happy thoughts for you, Kira. 🙂

• Sorry, my only child has 4 legs and a curly tail:D , so I can't help you here. I'll just keep praying for you.

• @elena86:

Sorry, my only child has 4 legs and a curly tail:D , so I can't help you here. I'll just keep praying for you.

My only children have all had 4 legs and curly tails, too (even my german shepherd mix had a big curly tail!)–so their deliveries were all very easy 🙂 for me anyway! But my thoughts are with you, and I'm sure everything will be ok. Can't wait to see the photos of your new (2 legged) baby!

• I had induction with my second-took all of 5 hours. Best of luck.

• Thanks!! Well i do have tricare, but my dr. is a referal, so hes not military at all in fact i picked him…big mistake i guess. lol. im switching as soon as Aiden is born!!!!!

• Well, try all the "old wives tales" and take a drive on a bumpy road and eat a spicy meal…my water broke the evening after I did that for my first child!
    C'mon out baby Aiden...we want some pictures!!

• Took this today, six days past my due date, Sept. 14th. Can you believe ive gained 12lbs total??!! I look like im trying to steal a basketball!!! hahaa. Dont laugh too hard…this thing is HEAVY!!:eek:

• Oh, Kira - you're so fortunate - only 12 lbs? It's just the baby in there! I gained 50 lbs!!!!!!!!! :mad: You're so funny - Yep - you have a basket ball in there, don't you? Keep us posted . . . 🙂

• I was thinking the same thing…. I was that size at four months, LOL. I used to joke that I'd start showing the morning after ;-).

Your basketball is adorable! I know it's heavy, but the good news is that by this time next week you'll be able to pass it off to dh!!!

• You look so great, Kira! Keep us posted on the "drama" as it unfolds…

• DO we have a BABY yet????

• LOL, I've been wanting to ask since Saturday!

Suggested Topics