Skip to content

I'm a great-auntie again!!!

Off Topic

Suggested Topics

  • My JRT's look like Basenji's lol

    Off Topic
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    7k Views
    MothM
    They are adorable :) Watson always gets identified as some sort of terrier. He has been a rat terrier and a toy fox terrier…
  • 'Certified' dog walkers

    Off Topic
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    10k Views
    wizardW
    It seems to me there are a couple of issues here. I don't think a shelter wants just any JoeBloe walking in one day to say "hey I'd like to help by walking your dogs". The shelter needs to know something about its volunteers though a criminal check might be a bit much. If someone has been volunteering at a shelter for some time so the staff knows them and now new policies are being put into effect, then the shelter should have some sort of informational meeting/handout for all its volunteers so they know what and why. And even when volunteers have been accepted, some mini-training should be included for handling dogs. Many shelter dogs have been abused so I wouldn't want a volunteer who grew up under the "old" system of training with spanking and collar yerking now handling a special needs dog. Actual certification for dog walkers - no - the government intrudes enough.
  • What 'I' got for Christmas!

    Off Topic
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    Fran, your sister made you the perfect gift! That really is adorable. I know a couple of knitters, maybe I'll show them the photos…and beg!
  • Great gift

    Off Topic
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I love them. They are, of course, where the voting goes on. But I have been there for years. For the last 3 yrs part of my daughter and my gifts to each other is the gifts that give. Each year I have given her a certificate from buying a stove.. well here it is. She varies what she gets me.
  • Great video

    Off Topic
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    BasenjimammaB
    Agreed, this week was just a bump in the road. Happy the weekend is here, and the cool is here in houston too, huge news for us…high tomorrow in the mid 70's...wow, yesterdays high was 95 and sweltering..I will definitely take all the dogs our for a cool, brisk run..basenji style.
  • Great…I've killed more trees

    Off Topic
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    L
    Nice. Katie was kind of put off when I told her I was going to name Zaire a Swahili name, but she came around when I explained to her what the name meant. Nyonda Zaire Usharifu "Beloved Nobility of Zaire" <g>She is proving not to be much of a talker to me, but oh boy does she chat with Charlie if she thinks he is ignoring her. :D</g>