Skip to content

Tortoise's new home

Off Topic

Suggested Topics

  • Ducklings week 3 in their new 'duck tractor'

    Off Topic
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    Chelsie-the B's don't get a chance to see them. The B's are in the front in a pen and the ducklings and chickens are in the back. After Shadow decided to help me butcher a chicken when we first moved in, I thought it prudent to keep them separated. They would definitely terrorize them. Yes, Robyn, I made the duck tractor. It has wheels on the one end so I can move it around. I do have a duck pen, and they will go in it when I fix the duck house. It seems rats, or something decided to make a meal of the one end and floor of the house. So, I have to fix that. I do really like it, but it won't be big enough in a couple of weeks for them. I will try to get more pics of the little monsters today. (And, the pen will work very well for one of the dogs if I ever need it!!) Yes, they grow very, very fast. If I can get a pic of them up and about, you will see how it's very hard to tell which one had the spraddle legs. The rouens are bigger than the muscoveys. There are three rouens and they have an eye stripe. [image: attachment_p_158750_0_101_0162.jpg] [image: attachment_p_158750_1_101_0166.jpg] [image: attachment_p_158750_2_101_0167.jpg] [image: attachment_p_158750_3_101_0168.jpg]
  • Dog's new best friend

    Off Topic
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    I think the article is very informative. Thanks for sharing.
  • Now THAT's a Chewer!

    Off Topic
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    nobarkusN
    @sonnyboy: he's got me twice this week…the other day he chewed my ID badge for work right off my coat. whenever its rainy he rebels! :p You gotta love that Sonny Boy! :D
  • Where's AJ next?

    Off Topic
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    11k Views
    nobarkusN
    @AJs: It's been a very long time since I read The Wizard of Oz. Is Wichita where the story starts? I googled "Dorothy's House Wichita" and nothing came up except ways to get to Liberal. That's where the house is that is advertised all over Kansas as THE Dorothy's House. From what I understand (and I have been wrong before…it could happen again) the house in Liberal is where they did some of the filming. But I love the Witch-ita reference...:D I think Dorthy's house was just considered to be a farm house "out in the middle of nowhere".
  • The Roommate's Pup

    Off Topic
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    8k Views
    tanzaT
    Me too….. and at least you can take the pro-active way.. and protect your "kids".... Kudos
  • My brother's schnauzer

    Off Topic
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    wizardW
    So sorry for the loss, especially on Christmas - he'll be waiting for your brother on the other side - take heart.