Skip to content

Meet Ripley, Basenji #2 in our fam

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • 3 Votes
    15 Posts
    19k Views
    ZandeZ
    That Mama/puppy relationship is beautiful ! I love the puppy ! Welcome to the forum and we look forward to hearing the results of the DNA test.
  • Meet Simba

    Member Introductions
    29
    0 Votes
    29 Posts
    14k Views
    WynetteW
    Simba was supposedly in a litter of 4. I have a picture of the litter registration form. I know that another of the puppies is supposed to be in Northern Alabama. But that's as much as I know. I will look into getting the kit next week. I will post results once I know.
  • New 2 Basenjis & Forum

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    13k Views
    tanzaT
    @JaxxnBeer - go to this link http://www.ofa.org/dnatesting/kits.html and then on the left hand side where it says OFA/MU DNA Tests and scroll down to the one that says "Fanconi" and then to the one that say PRA (Basenji) - click on each one and you will go to the order page. Hope that helps. Does this mean that the Sire and Dam have not been tested?
  • 2 1/2 yr old male "mongo"

    Member Introductions
    40
    0 Votes
    40 Posts
    25k Views
    C
    I have a Basenji with IBD, I have her on Hills Z-D prescription hypoallergenic, but I am considering trying raw diet. I am doing my homework now, and joined a raw diet support group on facebook.
  • Basenji Love

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Welcome… I am guessing that your girl was lost to Fanconi? And if that is the case, when you get your next Basenji there is a DNA test for the Fanconi Gene as of September of this year.
  • Basenji in my future

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    JannekeJ
    Welcome to the forum!