Skip to content

Greetings from Florida! New basenji family

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • My pup

    Basenji Talk
    9
    7 Votes
    9 Posts
    10k Views
    A
    Super cute! No dimes at my house.......
  • How much puppy exercise?

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    10k Views
    tanzaT
    @condesa said in How much puppy exercise?: Thanks so much! Makes me feel better. And I got her from Nocturnal Kennels in NC. Are the sire/dam DNA tested for Fanconi and PRA? Did you check for yourself at www.ofa.org as DNA tests for Fanconi/PRA are public posted for the results. If not you should have your girl tested. It is a cheek swab that you do yourself. You can order it at www.ofa.org and the cost is 65.00 for each test (Fanconi & PRA)
  • New Basenji, Seeka from Florida

    Member Introductions
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    16k Views
    N
    @serenjane Hi again, ummm, your picture of Seeka didn't upload all the way, I'm just guessing it might have been interrupted when you answered a question. Would you try again please?? We all love to see Basenji pics!!
  • New here and new to Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • New Basenji

    Member Introductions
    43
    0 Votes
    43 Posts
    21k Views
    KanangaK
    He's a hungry dog today. Gave him 1/2 cup in the morning and just a few minutes ago. He had no problem eating. I'm much more happy that he's eating now. He likes his bone as well. Not too much into the Kong yet. I just wish he didn't cry in his crate when I put him in there. Feel bad for him but I know it just takes adjusting. He is perfectly fine when I return home after he's been in there awhile. It's just the initial time. To be honest though, this transition went far better than I expected. I was prepared for the worst. This little guy has done very well.
  • New Basenji Owner!

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    hdterryH
    What a beautiful baby…welcome to the forum...Bs are such GREAT dogs, so entertaining and SMART!!