• 0_1613342673638_54DF8D0D-060E-4E0B-8CC9-4A86FCF5453C.jpeg

• But he can look at it through lovely windows! 🙂

• My 14 month old loves snow and ice on the grass, but rain...

• @fosse Jengo hated the snow too... for the most part. If given a choice to go out or not, he'd choose not. I tried booties and he HATED those even more than the snow. It was fun watching him try to walk in them though. It was like watching someone walking barefoot across broken glass or hot lava. He'd have 'em off in no time though. Once he was out in the snow he'd make the best of it. Poor dude. hated the cold, and just tolerated his snow jacket.

Thing 1 (Logan) and Thing 2 (Princess Sparkle) haven't been to the snow... yet. <Evil Grin>

• @JENGOSMonkey, when you live where it gets really cold, boots are almost an essential. You can't just bang them on and hope for the best, you really have to teach the dog to wear them. Best I found were Muttluks. If put on properly they tended to stay on, but I've used everything from cut off human socks with elastics to hold them on, to other brands of boots that didn't stay on well, before I settled on the Muttluks. When I lived in North Bay, it could get south of 0 F, sometimes -20F, and a Basenji doesn't do well in that weather without foot protection!

They are funny when you first put them on. Walk much like a horse that has just been outfitted with shipping boots!

• @eeeefarm Yeah, we've never lived in the snow or anywhere near it. We've visited it a few times at Crater Lake in Oregon, New Mexico and Colorado. I'm sure I would've put much more effort into finding a solution if we'd spent more time in the stuff.

• We don't have cold temps or snow here in central Florida, but when I first got my basenji boy, he had terrible sores on his feet from allergies. I found "booties" that resemble latex balloons and they actually stayed on quite well. My boy walked funny at first but acclimated quite quickly (he is surprisingly tolerant of all the mean things I do to him). At the dog park, he would puncture the "balloon" with his nails while making sharp turns during a fast run, and sometimes lost the boot, but they worked well. I tried different kinds of boots and have hilarious video of him high stepping.

Tyrion is handsome and I hope he gets to see a snow bunny...

• Mine have always loved the rare spells of snow - and it has an added bonus -

Send them out to play in it and then clip toenails ! The quicks will be driven RIGHT back in by the cold. You can get the nail nicely shortened with no screeching from the Basenji -

• @zande said in Tyrion does not like the snow:

Mine have always loved the rare spells of snow - and it has an added bonus -

Send them out to play in it and then clip toenails ! The quicks will be driven RIGHT back in by the cold. You can get the nail nicely shortened with no screeching from the Basenji -

What a GREAT idea!!! I love it when we share nuggets of wisdom like this.

Too bad we never have snow here in Florida...

Suggested Topics