Skip to content

Basenji Mix in SF Bay Area...

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji Mix

    Basenji Rescue
    5
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    11k Views
    G
    This pup did find a home through BRAT, and she has moved to MT. -Joanne
  • Need help with our basenji mix!!

    Basenji Rescue
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    13k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Some things cannot be fixed. I urge you to get a qualified behaviorist (veterinary) to evaluate him. If he is truly unstable, rehoming him is not fair to him or the new home.
  • Basenjis in the Jacksonville, FL area

    Basenji Rescue
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    W
    Buddy, They won't take the girls to the shelter, they will keep them until homes are found. Both of them are nice dogs. Heinz, it may just be because you are out of state, I'm not sure they are wanting to ship the girls. Beth
  • Cassie: Feist/Basenji mix Rome, GA area

    Basenji Rescue
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Doesn't much look like a Basenji to me
  • Basenji mix in MO needs an adopter

    Basenji Rescue
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    N
    Awww. Such a cute little girl. I think that we would be a good foster for a dog like her, or one of the FL dogs. We have experience working with pathologically shy dogs. We have an already established relationship with a great local trainer, and with a veterinary behaviorist. We have 3 dogs here to help with the socialization. But we have 3 dogs, and a fourth coming within the year. I'm afraid my heart is bigger than what we can really handle. I'm also afraid because there is no guarantee she will be adopted. If I knew it was short-term, and she could go to another place after a few months of work, I would be much more inclined to jump at the chance to foster. But, with the cats we foster, one has been here a year (tomorrow will be a year actually), and another we finally gave in and adopted after 2 years of swearing we wouldn't. The "normal" cats get adopted quickly (we have had about 10 go through our house, with the longest staying 6 mos.), but the behavior cases that need socialization and desensitization/counter conditioning work tend to stay. We have only had 2 foster dogs, and they were great and found great homes, but we are running out of friends to convince to adopt dogs. :) -Nicole
  • Basenji mixes

    Basenji Rescue
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    V
    Those ears are the best ever! I bet he's a real good listener…NOT!