Skip to content

Basenji mix

Basenji Rescue
  • I saw the cutest basenji/IG puppy boy mix yesterday.
    He is black and white and just a small cutie.
    If you know anyone who might be interested in this little fellow,
    located in the PNW area, I would be happy to share a photo and
    contact info.
    Not a BRAT dog. Just a sweet boy who needs his own basenji slaves.

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji Mix

    Basenji Rescue
    5
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    11k Views
    G
    This pup did find a home through BRAT, and she has moved to MT. -Joanne
  • Need help with our basenji mix!!

    Basenji Rescue
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    13k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Some things cannot be fixed. I urge you to get a qualified behaviorist (veterinary) to evaluate him. If he is truly unstable, rehoming him is not fair to him or the new home.
  • Do you think this is a Basenji mix?

    Basenji Rescue
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    she may have so many different breeds in her so that it's hard to tell what's in there. But yes, she is a pretty little thing. And look at those looong legs - great canidate for supermodel or agility dog.
  • Basenji mixes

    Basenji Rescue
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    V
    Those ears are the best ever! I bet he's a real good listener…NOT!
  • Our shelter thought this was a basenji mix

    Basenji Rescue
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    lvossL
    The thing with multi-generational mutts is that they tend toward the dog "default" which is the same look that you see in many street dogs and pariah dog, medium size, prick ears, and often tan coloring. Since basenjis are a primitive dog they share these characteristics.
  • Basenji Mix

    Basenji Rescue
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    11k Views
    M
    Tegs, Sorry that it took me a while to reply. I would love to trade pics with you. Everyday that passes, I am reminded of the Basenji Code. She is a bolter, I am happy that we have a storm door to help.