Skip to content

Play time

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Breeders

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    9k Views
    ZandeZ
    This is not the time of year to look for a Basenji in the Northern Hemisphere, let alone in Kent ! One breeder from there is reputed to have said he had enough advance orders for 4 years after the last year's rush to buy a Basenji ! But you could (maybe) get on a waiting list for next March delivery. Email me privately (address in websites on signature block) for a list of breed club secretaries.
  • 0 Votes
    16 Posts
    16k Views
    E
    @zande thank you so much for your help
  • Puppy not playing anymore

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    We always called that the "blue funk" after the girls were in season and for about two months after.... once they got passed the "I should have had puppies".... they would go back to mostly normal.....
  • New Basenji!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    3 Votes
    19 Posts
    17k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @rugosa LOL on the pig ear. But it's not just a basenji trait. One night it was storming and one of my rotts was fixated on one of the bedroom windows. I looked, there was a toad on the screen! The dog was so intense about wanting to get to it, my daughter went out in the rain and moved it from the window. From then until she died, day or night, I had to let her in the bedroom when it stormed to make sure the once-in-a-lifetime visitor wasn't there. They think more than many people give them credit for.
  • Basenji Time line

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    P
    I'm ashamed to say, Pat, that I hadn't looked much at the BCOA website. As soon as posssible I'll visit there for a more studied look.
  • Chipmunk play

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    wizardW
    I'm not sure if you can see the chipmunk but … http://www.basenjiforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2485/ppuser/790