Skip to content

New basenji owner!!

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • 1 Votes
    11 Posts
    13k Views
    V
    Nice post, glad to be here.
  • 0 Votes
    16 Posts
    14k Views
    elbrantE
    @rgk9ruler said in Puppy Painful Biting Nonstop: xylitol, a sugar substitute, is deadly to dogs Thank you for the reminder! I don't do "sugar free" products (which would be obvious if you met me), but I often forget to mention this. Very important warning. Thank you!
  • New Basenji!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    3 Votes
    19 Posts
    17k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @rugosa LOL on the pig ear. But it's not just a basenji trait. One night it was storming and one of my rotts was fixated on one of the bedroom windows. I looked, there was a toad on the screen! The dog was so intense about wanting to get to it, my daughter went out in the rain and moved it from the window. From then until she died, day or night, I had to let her in the bedroom when it stormed to make sure the once-in-a-lifetime visitor wasn't there. They think more than many people give them credit for.
  • New Basenji mix owner?

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Cute, but head is not a Basenji type… that said... when you have mixes, they can take on the "DNA" from either/or.... sire/dam... there was a litter years ago of a Beagle mix and a purebred Basenji... I think it was a litter of 6 or more.... 2 looked totally like a Basenji, two like a Beagle... one in fact looked totally like a German Shepard.... so with mixes, you never know unless someone really knows who the Mom/Dad are
  • New Basenji Owner…sort of!

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    A gentle obedience class will help you bond and learn to communicate. Glad he is going home with someone who will make him a good companion.
  • New: basenji owner in TX

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    ArwenA
    @pennypen: We are attending our first event on Friday, Nov 26th in Decatur, TX and am excited to see her run her first practice run and see if she will be able to do a qualifying run. Super geeked! So i hope to meet more basenji owners in the area since every time i do see another i get so excited and Penny just goes nuts over fellow basenjis. I want to go to some lure coursing as well. I live in Austin with a rescue girl that I got from BRAT. :) Welcome to the forums.